Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Re: Dizzy

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is terrible Julie!
Was it a new doctor who issued the prescription?
How do mistakes like this happen?

Thank God you went to get help.
Hope it gets sorted safely now, and you soon feel much better.
I do feel a lot better got a hell of a head ache though. Blood pressure is down with the occasional flutter. The reception staff write the prescriptions they then send them through to the duty GP to sign, so could be anyone made the mistake.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do feel a lot better got a hell of a head ache though. Blood pressure is down with the occasional flutter. The reception staff write the prescriptions they then send them through to the duty GP to sign, so could be anyone made the mistake.

A receptionist? Is a receptionist qualified to write prescriptions?

My GP writes a prescription himself while you are sitting there. He then hands it to you to take to the pharmacy yourself.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A receptionist? Is a receptionist qualified to write prescriptions?

My GP writes a prescription himself while you are sitting there. He then hands it to you to take to the pharmacy yourself.
If you see the GP then yes they write them although I have been sitting there and they handed me the last persons instead of mine once, I saw immediately it wasn't mine so no harm done.

If you put in a repeat then the reception staff get them ready to be signed, TBH I always thought the GP checked them before signing but something went wrong this time.

I can't blame the receptionist she's usually really busy dealing with phone calls, looking at it it's dangerous really.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 02:25 PM

Flipping heck Julie...id be hopping mad at what you've gone through...you might've died..how much more serious can it be? Sounds like the medical staff around you need a bit of a shock into them....that's disgusting to make a mistake like that.

Thank goodness you're feeling better an the mistake rectified. Scary times!!!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 02:51 PM

Seems to be a lot of this around, which is quite worrying.

But they say it is not contagious.

I was making dinner, a month or so ago,and I went down with projectile vomiting and a feeling of total loss of balance control.

My Daughter rang 111 and they changed it to 999.

I was taken to Frimley Park Hospital where I had scans and more tests than I new existed.

In the end they said extreme vertigo - inner ear (probably) and sent me home after being there all night.

They did the scans because I had a bruise on my forehead from where I bowed into my metal bird feeder the week before. Apparently the head injury scenario is quite bad and they want you having scans within 24 hours of knocking your head - if you are on Warfarin.

Anyway, your're the fourth one I've heard about since.....bear up - it will go away in about a month!

It's, just about, worn off now and I was able to start swinging a golf club last week.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 05:07 PM

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 08:17 PM

And you trust these morons to tell you the truth about the flu vaccine and other treatments?!!!

Either way, a shocking turn of events. Pretty negligent imho.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 12:00 AM

Sorry, but I feel I must say here, that this case of Julie's is a perfect example of why we (me included), should not try to diagnose someone else's health problems on here.

An Ear infection, Hypertension, Labyrinthitis, Epley Manouever's, plus more, were all suggested as possible causes, but how wrong we all were.

Quite a few told Julie to "Get help"..

What a good job she did, and didn't mess about trying to treat herself, as she might not be here with us today.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-11-2018, 12:06 AM

Good point mups, when I get advice here I usually get things checked myself as well, I always hope others do that as well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-11-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Good point mups, when I get advice here I usually get things checked myself as well, I always hope others do that as well.

Thank you Julie.

I have said many times about unqualified people giving advice, and that none of know anything about what meds someone else is on - or why, but your problem hi-lighted it perfectly.

Hope you are feeling much better now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top