Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:54 AM

Re: Are you afraid of what British life will be in the future?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A police state where big brother is watching you? No thanks. We already have enough snooping.
I want to agree but if I thought it kept elderly and vulnerable safe I'd agree to being watched. Locally the takeaway in the village put up a camera and all the trouble outside the shop stopped instantly. No more beatings and stabbings no more sexual assaults.

If that could be replicated I'd be happy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 11:19 AM

I have no fears about British life in the future...

...nor French life, nor Irish life, nor American life.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 11:47 AM

Hi

An alternative view.

We had the ability and resources to protect ourselves.

The Government cuts have decimated ths ability,

That is entirely down to Theresa May.

The cuts have meant no more joint operations and a devastating effect on Moral.

You now have to work without overtime and then release them to offend again.

It is just a Joke.

My decision to leave and take Early Retirement was as result of one night,

We found 32 Illegals, forced to let them all go.

Sod that for a game of Marbles, they should have all been sent back to France.

You cannot rely any longer on your Enforcement Officers, they simply do not have the Political Backing.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A police state where big brother is watching you? No thanks. We already have enough snooping.
Creepy, but there is no going back. Mass surveillance is only the start.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Just this week we had the police announcing that unless the public help them out, they will probably just let violent criminals go free. The police no longer want to get involved in difficult situations, neither do the courts and neither do politicians.

We have a record number of homeless people and those having to rely on food banks; our hospitals and doctors surgeries are bursting at the seams as are our schools and our road networks.

It is of no surprise to me that Britain is going down the toilet when our best response is to continue taking people in and paying money out.

What does surprise me is the speed at which it is happening.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just this week we had the police announcing that unless the public help them out, they will probably just let violent criminals go free. The police no longer want to get involved in difficult situations, neither do the courts and neither do politicians.

We have a record number of homeless people and those having to rely on food banks; our hospitals and doctors surgeries are bursting at the seams as are our schools and our road networks.

It is of no surprise to me that Britain is going down the toilet when our best response is to continue taking people in and paying money out.

What does surprise me is the speed at which it is happening.
It's hard to blame them for that, when people film and jeer at a police woman and man being beaten badly. I think I'd think twice about getting involved. They aren't even supported by the upper levels, the coward who locked himself in his car while watching a policeman killed just about demoralized all the police I know.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:30 PM

I can't reply to every post but I will give my thoughts on a few answers.

I don't completely blame the government ( no matter which party is in power) but I do think harsher punishments are needed for violent crimes..... and i don't mean longer prison sentences!
Everybody wants help from the government, but they don't have a never ending pot of gold, and all the help they provide costs money. People would complain if taxes were significantly raised to cover the cost, so what the government do is reduce the quality of the service.

Meg said that they have too much time on their hands & she could be right, but social media adds to the increase in more ways to commit crimes & the young will always be easily persuaded.

Violence is becoming "the norm" in cities and towns & it has made me not wish to go out in the evening, unless I am with a group of people, I am not afraid they would attack me, but I know i could not stop myself going to help, if somebody else was injured & if they would hurt one surely they would hurt those who tried to help the victim.

I don't have any real answers, but I do think greater discipline is needed & it should start at home, be continued in school and if they still don't get the message, they should find a way to discourage criminals ever wanting to serve another prison sentence.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's hard to blame them for that, when people film and jeer at a police woman and man being beaten badly. I think I'd think twice about getting involved. They aren't even supported by the upper levels, the coward who locked himself in his car while watching a policeman killed just about demoralized all the police I know.
I can't blame them either but that's why I'm not a copper. I agree they need more support from the courts. The problem with people jeering and filming attacks is down to years of ignoring the problem.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-11-2018, 12:35 PM

They may not have never ending pots of money but it's amazing how much they find to shore up the government, wars, referendums and the like. How much has brexit cost so far etc
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They may not have never ending pots of money but it's amazing how much they find to shore up the government, wars, referendums and the like. How much has brexit cost so far etc
Sadly everybody wants to be paid for the work they do, even when they are working for the government. Wars are fought for the good of the country, & referendums are used to allow the people to give their opinions, so I am sure you wouldn't want that to stop.

There are 2 methods of dealing with a police force who have too much work to do.

1) Increase the amount the tax payer pays, so we can train more police officers & employ them.

2) Bring back the death penalty, for those who commit murder, & use the money we save from not keeping them in prison, to increase our police force.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top