Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:58 PM

Re: Are you afraid of what British life will be in the future?

Sadly recent wars have made us more unsafe certainly weren't for our own safety.
Referendum was great but the clamour for a second and third makes me wonder where the money is coming from.

I am not in favour of death penalty ever but the idea of hard labour doesn't seem too bad for some criminals.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Technology will be the future for law enforcement in the future, instant access to information on the beat.

Not necessarily Cinderella darlin'

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/11/2...6-billion-met/
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sadly recent wars have made us more unsafe certainly weren't for our own safety.
Referendum was great but the clamour for a second and third makes me wonder where the money is coming from.

I am not in favour of death penalty ever but the idea of hard labour doesn't seem too bad for some criminals.
I would agree with you there Julie, but unfortunately the cost of guarding the men whilst doing the hard labour would cost more money, as it would need to be done outside the grounds of the prison.

If people are evil enough to take another's life I would like to use a form of punishment that costs the least......... so far the death penalty has proved to be the best!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:42 PM

Parents don't seem to be bothered.

Maybe one fix would be to make the parents financially responsible for the acts of their offspring, up to about 18 years old

Perhaps if the parents were arrested, and brought to court, for their kid's activities, they might start to watch what their kids are up to.

After all, if we put a dangerous car, out on the road,we might be charged for any damage.

Why not treat dangerous kids the same way.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Maybe one fix would be to make the parents financially responsible for the acts of their offspring, up to about 18 years old

Perhaps if the parents were arrested, and brought to court, for their kid's activities, they might start to watch what their kids are up to.

After all, if we put a dangerous car, out on the road,we might be charged for any damage.

I'd very much make that a law I'd go beyond 18 for some crimes too, no one becomes a violent criminal or rapist without something in their childhoods making them like that IMO
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I agree with what you say, this is the result of the Do Gooders having discipline taken away.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree with what you say, this is the result of the Do Gooders having discipline taken away.
I'm often called a do gooder but I don't think you have to hit children to get them to behave. I seem to have managed to get mine disciplined and turned out as decent humans with never hitting them. I can't see why it's a problem.

I was hit as a child and yes did me no harm but I watched it destroy some kids. I also think if you hit you can be teaching them that hitting smaller people is ok and it's not a lesson anyone should be taught.

I don't doubt some hitters have great children too, but it's not needed they can be just as good without it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 03:01 PM

I'm often called a do gooder but I don't think you have to hit children to get them to behave. I seem to have managed to get mine disciplined and turned out as decent humans with never hitting them. I can't see why it's a problem.

I was hit as a child and yes did me no harm but I watched it destroy some kids. I also think if you hit you can be teaching them that hitting smaller people is ok and it's not a lesson anyone should be taught.

I don't doubt some hitters have great children too, but it's not needed they can be just as good without it.

So Julie, what would you do with a 9 yr old little scroat who mugs a pensioner and steals their pension money???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-11-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So Julie, what would you do with a 9 yr old little scroat who mugs a pensioner and steals their pension money???
That's the problem by then the parent has failed the child UJ. Mine wouldn't have dared do it we had punishments they just weren't physical.

Closest we came to failing was Nathan at ten he rebelled and started to shop lift because he felt so abandoned by his parents our way was to show him we loved him no matter what but that he wasn't getting away with bad behaviour and he had a lot of talking to, and a lot of writing essays and stories about what he was feeling. Then we put a physical element in and he was off to football. basket ball and scouts no time to misbehave and when he came home he was tired out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-11-2018, 03:15 PM

That's the problem by then the parent has failed the child UJ. Mine wouldn't have dared do it we had punishments they just weren't physical.

Closest we came to failing was Nathan at ten he rebelled and started to shop lift because he felt so abandoned by his parents our way was to show him we loved him no matter what but that he wasn't getting away with bad behaviour and he had a lot of talking to, and a lot of writing essays and stories about what he was feeling. Then we put a physical element in and he was off to football. basket ball and scouts no time to misbehave and when he came home he was tired out.

Yes Julie darlin', but you'll get some parents who don't give a flying f*** what their kids do - so these evil little scroats need to be taught a REAL lesson, and I'd smack them good and hard !!!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top