Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 11:32 AM

Hypocritical barstewards

For many years the scumbag 'nasty party' have campaigned for a huge reduction in immigrants coming to the uk. They placed a figure of 100,000 as the top end of the numbers entering the uk, they have scape-goated immigrants in the press and mass media and made them the target of right-wing vigilantes.

Now it seems, these same scumbag 'nasty party' members have had to admit that immigrants are an essential part of our economy and that the NHS and other parts of our economy would collapse overnight without them.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ories-migrants
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 12:07 PM

Re: Hypocritical barstewards

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
For many years the scumbag 'nasty party' have campaigned for a huge reduction in immigrants coming to the uk. They placed a figure of 100,000 as the top end of the numbers entering the uk, they have scape-goated immigrants in the press and mass media and made them the target of right-wing vigilantes.

Now it seems, these same scumbag 'nasty party' members have had to admit that immigrants are an essential part of our economy and that the NHS and other parts of our economy would collapse overnight without them.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ories-migrants

So they are all going to leave overnight?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 01:31 PM

They don't all need to leave, just enough to make a difference and that is happening now. Quite why they think it is okay to push a thinly veiled racist immigration policy while expecting enough of the 'right sort' of immigrant to want to live and work here is beyond me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 03:26 PM

It's because we need immigrants who contribute to the economy (which they do generally) not take from it. Nothing wrong in that. There are plenty of countries that have that view.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 08:19 PM

Germany instantly comes to mind? I wonder why?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's because we need immigrants who contribute to the economy (which they do generally) not take from it. Nothing wrong in that. There are plenty of countries that have that view.
Many don't though LD I know many who are working as I am and not paying tax. If they aren't paying tax how can their care in the NHS be paid for and their benefits to top up their wages ? Just doesn't make sense to me at all.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:27 PM

Would the 100k quoted be illegal immigrants who are under the radar and pay no tax.

I wonder
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Would the 100k quoted be illegal immigrants who are under the radar and pay no tax.

I wonder
that's another issue and a red herring! - ever since the end of the second world war and probably first too UK has been short of 'manpower' and successive govt have always encouraged controlled immigration - when I started my working UK careers I once worked with 32 different races and enjoyed every moment because of it! and we all paid taxes!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
that's another issue and a red herring! - ever since the end of the second world war and probably first too UK has been short of 'manpower' and successive govt have always encouraged controlled immigration - when I started my working UK careers I once worked with 32 different races and enjoyed every moment because of it! and we all paid taxes!
Unless you earn over £12,000 you don't pay these days so that's a huge proportion of the low paid immigrants and low paid British workers not paying into the system. Some say we pay vat but when you are low paid you don't pay much of that either as you stop buying things.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
it's because we need immigrants who contribute to the economy (which they do generally) not take from it. Nothing wrong in that. There are plenty of countries that have that view.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top