Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:42 AM

Re: Nigel Farage

Criticism of Migration will become a criminal offence !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0EGa7KbZ4
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:58 AM

I'm not sure of the relevance to this thread PD, but according to the FT the compact for migration has been rejected by a number of EU states (not the UK from what I've seen). It would have been provisionally approved by us as only the US rejected it back in July. The EU hasn't approved it from what I can see. It's a UN venture not an EU one. It's not legally binding. There is great debate because it considers economic migrants to have the same status as refugees. Various governments have refused to accept it. It's the sort of thing we would eagerly sign and enforce here though.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 01:25 AM

Relevance Annie, to do with UKIP and the present direction.

It does say it's not legally binding, so we have to ask what the heck is the point of the UN raising this in the first place ?
It will come into practice at some point , eventually. Too big an issue to create an agenda for a hypothetical case.

Watching VERHOFSTADT getting angry during a debate on migration in the EU parliament , put everything into perspective about how each country will be expected to take their quota of migrants, and HE was livid about the fact that UK hadn't taken enough of those in Calais. Saying that was the issue in hand rather than discussing Brexit. Quoting a figure of 100,000 being there, maybe he thought UK should have obliged ! Had we not be leaving the EU, the same would still apply. Isn't this one of the major reasons Farage pushed so hard for Brexit ? I thought it was.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 01:47 AM

According to the report I read it was developed precisely to try to have some sort of global agreement on what to do when there is another situation like Syria. It's to put some guidance out there that all countries are signed up to except clearly in this case they are not.

Guy Verhofstadt is a liberal who talks a lot but he does not represent the views of member states. He needs a reality check. Member states are very much against this guidance. But it's something we would lap up. We are not on the list of countries disputing it. Of course Brexit is a distraction from the real world right now.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm sure I will be shouted down for saying so, but I'm afraid I always saw them in the same bracket.
So did I.
BNP swapped boots for suits.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:03 AM

I have to say that my opinion of Farage has changed. At one point I really believed that all he wanted was to get out of the EU, so supported him, but when the leave vote was declared, he suddenly decided to desert his party & look for better personal opportunities.

He is a good talker, but only loyal to a cause where he gets most of the benefits!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 09:26 AM

I still have time for him...it will be interesting to see what he does next. I still agree with most of what he says and I admire him for leaving UKIP now the far right has been invited in.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have to say that my opinion of Farage has changed. At one point I really believed that all he wanted was to get out of the EU, so supported him, but when the leave vote was declared, he suddenly decided to desert his party & look for better personal opportunities.

He is a good talker, but only loyal to a cause where he gets most of the benefits!
He is a snake oil salesman and an agitator.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Having followed him for years now, I didn't see him backing off from brexit at all, he tried to be involved but was turned down by tories, they wanted nothing to do with him. Threats from various quarters, police refused to help him when he and his family were surrounded by people out to lynch them. What his kids had done I couldn't work out. After that his wife and he split (he had an affair) and he was then asked by various countries to visit and speak to either help their exit from EU strategy or in USA to help trump.

Yes he was paid but why not ?

He came back and has been working with LBC and was initially hopeful TM was going to be a good negotiator. His anger at her now is more about he feels betrayed I think, he used to like her. I know that feeling I cautioned many to just wait and see she was going to do well. How wrong was I !

He is still active around Europe talking to anyone wants to hear him. And is now active in UK again trying to get the brexit we all voted for.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

05-12-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Having followed him for years now, I didn't see him backing off from brexit at all, he tried to be involved but was turned down by tories, they wanted nothing to do with him. Threats from various quarters, police refused to help him when he and his family were surrounded by people out to lynch them. What his kids had done I couldn't work out. After that his wife and he split (he had an affair) and he was then asked by various countries to visit and speak to either help their exit from EU strategy or in USA to help trump.

Yes he was paid but why not ?

He came back and has been working with LBC and was initially hopeful TM was going to be a good negotiator. His anger at her now is more about he feels betrayed I think, he used to like her. I know that feeling I cautioned many to just wait and see she was going to do well. How wrong was I !

He is still active around Europe talking to anyone wants to hear him. And is now active in UK again trying to get the brexit we all voted for.
We didn't all vote for it!

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top