Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 09:25 PM

Did I hear this right ?

I admit my head was slightly elsewhere but I was sure I heard them talking about giving the vote to 6 year olds on the radio tonight. Apparently they have more future to look forward to than us older folks so should be listened to more than us.

If I did hear it right I think world may have gone too insane for me now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 09:43 PM

Re: Did I hear this right ?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I admit my head was slightly elsewhere but I was sure I heard them talking about giving the vote to 6 year olds on the radio tonight. Apparently they have more future to look forward to than us older folks so should be listened to more than us.

If I did hear it right I think world may have gone too insane for me now.
I didn't hear it myself but it doesn't surprise me at all, this world went insane a while back. Crazy.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I admit my head was slightly elsewhere but I was sure I heard them talking about giving the vote to 6 year olds on the radio tonight. .
You probably misheard. It was likely 16.

The scam political system can be permanently concreted in place if they lower the voting age. Given the establishment control the media, they can control the votes. Younger people are SO easily duped and swayed. Just look at how they got teenage lads to walk around with their trousers around their ankles and underpants hanging out. Just look at how they can get kids to drink really unhealthy energy drinks and fizzy drinks.

Just look at the way Jezbollah Corbyn was able to so easily dupe them into believing they would have their debts wiped away and get free tuition fees.

Kids are really really easily duped and conditioned.

They are therefore the perfect voting fodder. The establishment can swing any vote if they are permitted to eat into the youngsters.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:18 PM

You heard right, it was a reported in the Guardian, (figures)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rsity-academic
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 07:31 AM

Which just shows that academics live in a different world and can't tell their a.......from their elbow .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You probably misheard. It was likely 16.

The scam political system can be permanently concreted in place if they lower the voting age. Given the establishment control the media, they can control the votes. Younger people are SO easily duped and swayed. Just look at how they got teenage lads to walk around with their trousers around their ankles and underpants hanging out. Just look at how they can get kids to drink really unhealthy energy drinks and fizzy drinks.

Just look at the way Jezbollah Corbyn was able to so easily dupe them into believing they would have their debts wiped away and get free tuition fees.

Kids are really really easily duped and conditioned.

They are therefore the perfect voting fodder. The establishment can swing any vote if they are permitted to eat into the youngsters.

not all teenagers - some are very bright - probably at least 75% of their total population - you are in fact insulting UK teenagers - get off the band wagon
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
not all teenagers - some are very bright - probably at least 75% of their total population - you are in fact insulting UK teenagers - get off the band wagon
I concur! They're very savvy, few drink and they take issues like Climate Change etc. seriously, much more than we did.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 09:42 AM

I thought that the subject was six year olds ?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I thought that the subject was six year olds ?
It was, but despite his claim to the contrary I'm not sure Prof Runciman was being entirely serious

"“What’s the worst that could happen? At least it would be exciting, it would make elections more fun. It is never going to happen in a million years but as a way of capturing just how structurally unbalanced our democracies have become, seriously, why not? Why not six-year-olds?"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You heard right, it was a reported in the Guardian, (figures)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rsity-academic
Thank you at least my ears were working is only good thing I can think to say about that idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top