Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:37 AM

Re: Brace Yourself.... Here’s Another ‘What On Earth Is This?’

Originally Posted by Barry ->
As Bruce rightly said, it's just a u bolt that is used for many applications, more than likely it was supporting a vehicle exhaust or something similar but new ones are readily available so no need to keep it.
Thank You, Barry.

I think l will have to wait until something collapses to find out where it came from!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Could exchange some items we have dug up over time ..one we recognized straight away, still hanging on to it..along with a lot of rusty all sorts looking like farmy stuff...it was a farm, the clues I guess..

easy to i.d. even has a code that tells you its from the 80's
not my prize find but was thrilling to think coke was in this at one time and left for me to find and treasure...

lots of gate parts..just one here as an example...the bone is a concern though...right in the photo..could do a dna....

and what have we here,something in common with some people I know...

not sure sharing is helping you Artangel......thoughts are with you anyway..
Thank You, Dianne.
I dig up lots of bits of blue china in my garden. l always wonder why it is in various places in my garden and not all together in one place!

PS. I have just seen the bone.... eeek!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Shame it wasn't a Mr. U .Bolt you found outside your garage.
Psmith, Ha, very witty!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Dig a hole where it'll feel at Home
May, Because it’s so small... should l dig half a hole, or will a quarter of a hole be suffice?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's purpose has been described (we used them for clamping aerial poles to chimney or wall brackets) but I wouldn't throw it out. It could come in useful at any time.
Mart, That’s interesting.
A few years ago Sky took down my old dish and put up a new SkyQ dish. Now you’re making me wonder if this ‘bolt’ thing had been used to clamp the old dish to the chimney?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:10 AM

Exhaust u bolts are usually round, the one you have art looks like it was meant to clamp around something more squarer, the fence rail ,as someone suggested might be a possibility, but if you don’t know, we have no chance
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's purpose has been described (we used them for clamping aerial poles to chimney or wall brackets) but I wouldn't throw it out. It could come in useful at any time.
That's the first thought that came into my head as soon as I saw it mart...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mart, That’s interesting.
A few years ago Sky took down my old dish and put up a new SkyQ dish. Now you’re making me wonder if this ‘bolt’ thing had been used to clamp the old dish to the chimney?
Chances are it's been discarded Arty, it hasn't got any nuts on it.
If something had broken to allow it to fall to the ground, it would still have the nuts on it, or the thread wouldn't be rusty where the nuts had been. It sounds like those Sky blokes to me leaving the rubbish behind....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2021, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's the first thought that came into my head as soon as I saw it mart...

Chances are it's been discarded Arty, it hasn't got any nuts on it.
If something had broken to allow it to fall to the ground, it would still have the nuts on it, or the thread wouldn't be rusty where the nuts had been. It sounds like those Sky blokes to me leaving the rubbish behind....

Foxy, Yes, it has a nut on it.... ME...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, Yes, it has a nut on it.... ME...
Well at least you're on the right 'Thread' Arty....
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:33 PM

It’s a part of a relativity cadenser..trust me, I know about this stuff

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top