Join for free
Page 1567 of 1567 « First < 567 1067 1467 1517 1557 1565 1566 1567
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Lovely looking Robin that Solo, nice slim figure, it reminds me of the first time I brought Phyllis to meet the grandmother for tea, there wasn't on pick on her at that time, slim as a snake and she had hot pants on.
When we were going home the granny says to her at the door "Are you a good singer me girl?"
"No, not really"
"Well you ought to be you've legs like a Lark"

They became great mates afterwards.

I had a poor but happy childhood and I was never ashamed to admit it to anyone.

On some Saturday afternoons we would get a lift from the milkman on his horse drawn cart into town.
We would have helped him collect his weekly money and he’d be heading back to his base at Lucan Dairies, we never knew his name, everybody just called him “Lucan”, he would give us all a sixpence each to go to the pictures in town and drop us off at Guinness’s where their boats were docked, we’d mess about on the many barrels for a while as we would be too early for the cinema.
The “Mayro” picture house only charged fourpence in for kids so we would buy sweets with whatever we had left.
A very enjoyable day for a young boy, a bit of work, a bit of play, and a long rest in the picture house guzzling toffees.

Three Dublin boys, Tommo, and the two O’Farrells
Went down by Anna Livia to thread on the barrels
Then off the boat came a Guinness’s Sailor, now you don’t see them often
“Hey ye young brats, get the hell off 'em!”

There’s always someone to spoil your fun when you’re a kid isn’t there.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Thin line, stability and predictability
Inevitability and Motability
Protect the territory
For the sake of continuity.
Page 1567 of 1567 « First < 567 1067 1467 1517 1557 1565 1566 1567

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top