Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 11:54 AM

Re: What about this then Solasch?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A very impressive protest by the Cloggies.

I wonder whether we can equal that, or even surpass it, if Brexit is denied us by the Supreme Court.

Or perhaps we might emulate the riots in Hong Kong. They, after all, are protesting about their lack of democracy.
Wait until next summer, JBR when the whole effect of a no-deal Brexit takes hold. People will be so hot and bothered there will be mass riots and looting all over the UK because families won't have the resources to exist.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Wait until next summer, JBR when the whole effect of a no-deal Brexit takes hold. People will be so hot and bothered there will be mass riots and looting all over the UK because families won't have the resources to exist.
I'm surprised to hear that you are a proponent of Project Fear, Floydy.
Nevertheless, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 01:49 PM

I'm surprised to hear that you are a proponent of Project Fear, Floydy.
Nevertheless, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion.
Not really JBR, it just tends to happen. Poll Tax riots, Toxteth. When people get drinking in the heat they send to go off the rails a bit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Not really JBR, it just tends to happen. Poll Tax riots, Toxteth. When people get drinking in the heat they send to go off the rails a bit.
I agree. We are not unaccustomed to riots in this country, but I am of the firm belief that if Brexit is stopped by the anti-democrats the riots will exceed anything else seen before.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 02:01 PM

I agree. We are not unaccustomed to riots in this country, but I am of the firm belief that if Brexit is stopped by the anti-democrats the riots will exceed anything else seen before.
Sadly I agree with you and what is really worrying me at the moment is going forward if we do leave will the remainers actively work to make us as a country fail ? they seem to think they have the right to do anything they want at this point.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-10-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sadly I agree with you and what is really worrying me at the moment is going forward if we do leave will the remainers actively work to make us as a country fail ? they seem to think they have the right to do anything they want at this point.
Yes, true.
Three years ago when we voted in the referendum, a lot of people cited their reasons for wanting to leave as the migrant crisis, especially many up north, reflecting those issues at the time, hence the 52% to 48% swing to the 'leave' outcome, which took the government by surprise.
In effect, it hasn't been much about migrants at all, more to do with trade and the basic need to survive without backing from the EU.
It's going to be an interesting October and even more interesting in the forthcoming year when we try to sort everything out, one way or the other.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Yes, true.
Three years ago when we voted in the referendum, a lot of people cited their reasons for wanting to leave as the migrant crisis, especially many up north, reflecting those issues at the time, hence the 52% to 48% swing to the 'leave' outcome, which took the government by surprise.
In effect, it hasn't been much about migrants at all, more to do with trade and the basic need to survive without backing from the EU.
It's going to be an interesting October and even more interesting in the forthcoming year when we try to sort everything out, one way or the other.
Are you seriously suggesting that if we leave without a deal business will not find a way to flourish....Let the EU try telling the Germans that they can't sell us their cars or other countries not to do business with the UK.....One of the most populated countries and biggest markets in Europe....Yes Floydy.....There may be riots, but not here...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-10-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are you seriously suggesting that if we leave without a deal business will not find a way to flourish....Let the EU try telling the Germans that they can't sell us their cars or other countries not to do business with the UK.....One of the most populated countries and biggest markets in Europe....Yes Floydy.....There may be riots, but not here...
No Bob, you misunderstand. I was talking tongue-in-cheek with more than a hint of sarcasm, as I always do. Of all people, I thought you would not be taking me seriously
Of course we're going to be okay, but there will be changes that upset people and I reckon there will be some new taxes in place that people may not like - just to pay for the past three years of money-wasting.
It will only be the anarchist sect and students who will turn out though. The brainwashed minority.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 04:58 PM

No Bob, you misunderstand. I was talking tongue-in-cheek with more than a hint of sarcasm, as I always do. Of all people, I thought you would not be taking me seriously
Of course we're going to be okay, but there will be changes that upset people and I reckon there will be some new taxes in place that people may not like - just to pay for the past three years of money-wasting.
It will only be the anarchist sect and students who will turn out though. The brainwashed minority.
No problem Floydy.....I should have known better, but I think my post was still quite pertinent for anyone else looking in...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 05:56 PM

I keep saying we need a sarcasm emoticon Floydy. JBR agrees too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top