Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 08:29 PM

Re: Mass Protests

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
They're all our kids and grandkids.

I blame the parents.
Kids these days don't take a blind bit of notice of their parents, just about the same time we had to stop beating them within half an inch of their lives for disobedience...

But hey! We get the blame for destroying their future by wrecking the planet, so what the hell....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
At the very least protests raise public awareness.

What is needed now that the enemies of democracy have obstructed BREXIT is public action. Hopefully it will soon commence.

Even simple isolated things when done in numbers work.

"Gorilla 2 part clear epoxy resin" discreetly squeezed into locks of commercial premises for one.

And there's loads more. We've been let down most awfully by our government. Time for direct action now.
What about blowing up the houses of parliament?.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-10-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Knitting balaclavas ,OGF ? (or balalaikas )
Don't you play a Balalaika Puddle Duck....?....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 09:21 PM

I wish I could and a bit of Kossack dancing !

Just looked to see the latest on the Lebanese protests.. which started off because they didn't like a new tax placed on WhattsApp !! So they said, but also down to poor services supplied by the 'corrupt government' as they call it.
The government have made concessions and implemented various cuts in salaries but to no avail.
They are vey foolish people, because reports tonight looks very much like becoming another Syria and in my opinion they have been driven into a frenzy for a specific reason . Same as Syria was.

Lebanon was on fire last week, 100 of them all over the country.

Turkey have extended troops to Lebanon for another year, Hezbollah supporters are clashing with Lebanese Army, and mutterings that it could spread to Palestine (but that's probably journalistic licence atm).
Ironic that this has all happened just days after US pulled out of NE Syria !

Beware the 'protests' ..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Kids these days don't take a blind bit of notice of their parents, just about the same time we had to stop beating them within half an inch of their lives for disobedience...

But hey! We get the blame for destroying their future by wrecking the planet, so what the hell....
My admittedly maybe too subtle point was that it's the fault of we Boomers for not instilling good behaviour in OUR kids.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:47 AM

What a good thread Puddle Duck!

Over the last 60 years people have learned that they won't get what they want unless they gather in large groups & protest. Many did get what they wanted so they have now learned that, if they keep protesting, they can get more of what they want.
Times have changed though and money is less available, but ruling governments still want to keep their power. I believe that this may lead to many deaths and those in power will find a way to excuse to loss of life ( after all it will reduce an already too large population).
I feel that the civilized world will no longer exist in the future & for many it will mean they risk their lives to get their basic needs.
Most of our generation won't see the worst of it, but I am sure that those we leave behind will see it. Maybe if we had all been less demanding & wasteful it could have been avoided, but it is too late now & I think that humans will not only make our own lives much worse, but they will also make it impossible for other creatures.
How sad that even when we have had a reasonable life, most of us still want more...no matter what it costs!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:36 AM

Thanks Twink..

Protests for different reasons, which now seem to develop into greater things.

Much of what you say I agree with, and we have entered a different period showing how angry people are becoming. Is this because the voices are ignored , time and time again or something else in our psyche ?

The battle cry goes out and the populous stampede, but those who make the battle cry , generally watch from a distance !!

I believe there is far more to come on this particular practice, mainly due to the deliberate actions of world governments reducing certain countries to poverty , take their resources, and bring in NGO's and charities which control the influx of currencies and monetary transactions. (NWO)
Maybe that sounds a bit far fetched, and I will conceded to a different given logic.

Have we ever seen or ever needed so many charities and NGO's world wide ? It 's big business and we only have to see the big names attached to them to understand how and why they have been such a success .
Soros and Blair spring to mind !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 12:31 PM

I also think that social media has made the situation worse, because now people in poorer countries can see what the people in richer countries get, in terms of freedom and help.

I have just heard that Essex police are investigating 39 bodies in a lorry that has traveled to Britain from Bulgaria. they have arrested the driver! If people hear of these activities via social media they will all be searching for the kind of life that people get in other countries. This means that they risk death by poor methods of transport, or months kept in detention whilst it is decided whether they should be returned to their own country. Their only other alternative is to demonstrate in their own country.

I always thought that life would be different in Hong Kong when China took back control & I feel sorry for them, but small countries, like the UK, will never be able to help all the people who protest.
Equality for all does not exist in this world , but I have no idea how we can help all who have problems. I really do not want to see how things progress in the future!

Why do I have the feeling that those at the top are deliberately letting these thing happen, so they can demonstrate their supreme power?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 01:31 PM

Our council are considering plans to build ANOTHER 150 houses locally. There are meetings in place for people to air their views and no doubt there will be protests. Okay, so it will not be a mass protest but we all know that the council will simply plough through with their plans despite local people's opinions.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

23-10-2019, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I also think that social media has made the situation worse, because now people in poorer countries can see what the people in richer countries get, in terms of freedom and help.

I have just heard that Essex police are investigating 39 bodies in a lorry that has traveled to Britain from Bulgaria. they have arrested the driver! If people hear of these activities via social media they will all be searching for the kind of life that people get in other countries. This means that they risk death by poor methods of transport, or months kept in detention whilst it is decided whether they should be returned to their own country. Their only other alternative is to demonstrate in their own country.

I always thought that life would be different in Hong Kong when China took back control & I feel sorry for them, but small countries, like the UK, will never be able to help all the people who protest.
Equality for all does not exist in this world , but I have no idea how we can help all who have problems. I really do not want to see how things progress in the future!

Why do I have the feeling that those at the top are deliberately letting these thing happen, so they can demonstrate their supreme power?
Same thought here, Twink.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top