Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Cheetah on open jeep - eeeek

I know that cheetahs aren't supposed to be a threat to humans but all the same, I think I would have been a bit scared.

What a privilege though, wow, so close up too.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:02 PM

Re: Cheetah on open jeep - eeeek

Cheetahs are lovely creatures, LQ, and they don't generally bother to much about humans. What a privilege to have one hitch a lift though! Thank you for that - it made my night.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:17 PM

What a magnificent animal!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 11:09 PM

They like to climb on trucks, it gives them a good vantage point to survey the area. It's not the first time that's happened, it was filmed on a BBC wildlife program, several times I think. What a marvelous thing to happen on your truck though.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 07:34 AM

Beautiful animal.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 08:38 AM

Beautiful.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:53 AM

What a great photo opportunity if not bloody dangerous. What shocked me was the number of vehicles in the background. Cheetahs are such beautiful animals and efficient too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What a great photo opportunity if not bloody dangerous. What shocked me was the number of vehicles in the background. Cheetahs are such beautiful animals and efficient too.
Not really, Dongles. Cheetahs don't usually attack people except in self defence. The worst that could have happened to that lot in jeep was she could have sprayed them!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not really, Dongles. Cheetahs don't usually attack people except in self defence. The worst that could have happened to that lot in jeep was she could have sprayed them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
See what I mean.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top