Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:28 PM

Puppy Dead of Fright.

This poor wee puppy what a terrible thing to happen. This makes me so sad and so bloody angry.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...AJOLw1?ocid=sf
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:36 PM

Re: Puppy Dead of Fright.

I have to say I find this hard to understand.
Wouldn't the puppy be inside and be close to its owner for comfort and reassurance?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:49 PM

I think you are right Roxy it is a terrible thing.
We have firework displays around here most nights and I think that Basildon Council is very soft allowing most of them.
What I also cannot understand is how costly these things are and still the kids can afford to let fireworks off late into the nights. Obviously their parents are very stupid or pretty well off.
My JR is always shaking at the sound of fireworks and thunder n lightening she is 9 this year and sits on my knee or gets under my chair or desk.
When I go to bed she lays by the side away from her chair at the window.
I had Amazon deliver an Adaptil calmer today so that is plugged in now beside her bed seems to be working tonight.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 08:54 PM

This would be good just for show and not for noise.

"Silent. Fireworks. The local government of Collecchio, Italy passed a law in 2015 that requires citizens to keep their firework displays limited to “silent” or “quiet” in order to reduce the stress that loud noises cause animals (wildlife included)."
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
This would be good just for show and not for noise.

"Silent. Fireworks. The local government of Collecchio, Italy passed a law in 2015 that requires citizens to keep their firework displays limited to “silent” or “quiet” in order to reduce the stress that loud noises cause animals (wildlife included)."
Good idea .....

I'd like to ban fireworks altogether but .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:54 PM

What's the point of 'Bangers' anyway? It's not as if there is anything to see......
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:20 PM

Fireworks never used to be so loud, they can make the ground shake sometimes. But silent would be a good way to go, for me anyway. I used to love the Towns Fireworks Displays and none of my dogs really bothered much as it was quieter. My problems started as the noise increased.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

04-11-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have to say I find this hard to understand.
Wouldn't the puppy be inside and be close to its owner for comfort and reassurance?
I'm sure it was Muddy, I know how my Dageus gets when the fireworks start, it's horrible. He sweats and pants his whole body shaking like mad, nothing we do calms him, he's gets afraid of the dark and we have a heck of a carry on getting him to go outside for a pee before bed. One of us has to go with him and stay in body contact the whole time.
If it was just the one night like it used to be then we'd be able to cope.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 09:11 AM

The big test tonight for Murtagh. We had hand cannons going off this morning, starting around 6am (a tradition) and so far he is fine, the cats also.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'm sure it was Muddy, I know how my Dageus gets when the fireworks start, it's horrible. He sweats and pants his whole body shaking like mad, nothing we do calms him, he's gets afraid of the dark and we have a heck of a carry on getting him to go outside for a pee before bed. One of us has to go with him and stay in body contact the whole time.
If it was just the one night like it used to be then we'd be able to cope.
I have been overseas so long I don’t know what bonfire night is like now.
It did use to be for one night only and everyone put their animals indoors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top