Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 02:55 PM

Can Someone Please Tell Me...

If, as announced today, a new Australia style Immigration pollicy will immediately come into force in January 2021, how are we in the meantime going to prevent hundreds of thousands of immigrants hellbent on reaching these shores before that deadline. Can you imagine how many from all over the globe will risk everything to get here before that date when they assume they will no longer be allowed to enter?

Just a thought. Any thoughts from others?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me...

Does that mean we just drop them in the harbour?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
If, as announced today, a new Australia style Immigration pollicy will immediately come into force in January 2021, how are we in the meantime going to prevent hundreds of thousands of immigrants hellbent on reaching these shores before that deadline. Can you imagine how many from all over the globe will risk everything to get here before that date when they assume they will no longer be allowed to enter?

I agree. There's nothing like advertising the fact is there. A whole year will give them plenty of time to get here and get here they will.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:14 PM

how are we in the meantime going to prevent hundreds of thousands of immigrants hellbent on reaching these shores before that deadline.
It can't be stopped because the ruling elite are manufacturing all of this and making it happen. It is all part of Agenda 21.

Soon enough all these immigrants will be given a vote then our vote will become meaningless. It's a game of numbers.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:21 PM

Though there are some similarities, in reality, Australia’s points-based system is*more opento immigration than current British rules are.*The reasons why show how misleading the Government’s rhetoric on this issue is.
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/uk-immig...tem-law-642815
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if all politicians, who make these statements just to get elected, were then fined £ thousands and jailed if on election they did not do what they said within, say four or five years.

Were this to be the law, then I wonder how much of the spouting off with all kinds of 'promises' as they all do now, would continue?
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 04:42 PM

The current visa system the UK has for immigrants is very strict and robust, more so than Australia's point system. The UK's problem is not with genuine migration, it is with illegal migration and illegal asylum. THAT is where the problem lies and the lack of control the government has over it because they fear of bad PR from human right groups and children charities groups.

A good example is the crap the Home Secretary is getting from both groups, especially Save the Children charity because she has not allowed orphaned children from British ISIS parents to enter the UK. What a huge majority do not realise is that under current UK visa laws, any person who is allowed to live in the UK, be it a naturalised citizen or a foreigner given a residency visa, it allows relatives of the person to come and stay with their relative in the UK. This happened when orphaned children from the Iraq war was given residency status in the UK and then suddenly you find the child's Uncle or Aunt or Cousins requesting residency status as per visa law.

Even though the children themselves are innocent, their adult relatives are not and as such they should not be allowed to enter the UK via a loophole in the law. Yes i understand it's not the children's fault but the country cannot risk having ISIS relatives entering the UK to live with their UK based child.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 07:12 PM

Keep the pound low so it's not worth EU migrants coming here
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 07:30 PM

Hi

Our Borders are not controlled effectively and the computer systems are still not built.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by dodge ->
the current visa system the uk has for immigrants is very strict and robust, more so than australia's point system. The uk's problem is not with genuine migration, it is with illegal migration and illegal asylum. That is where the problem lies and the lack of control the government has over it because they fear of bad pr from human right groups and children charities groups.

A good example is the crap the home secretary is getting from both groups, especially save the children charity because she has not allowed orphaned children from british isis parents to enter the uk. What a huge majority do not realise is that under current uk visa laws, any person who is allowed to live in the uk, be it a naturalised citizen or a foreigner given a residency visa, it allows relatives of the person to come and stay with their relative in the uk. This happened when orphaned children from the iraq war was given residency status in the uk and then suddenly you find the child's uncle or aunt or cousins requesting residency status as per visa law.

Even though the children themselves are innocent, their adult relatives are not and as such they should not be allowed to enter the uk via a loophole in the law. Yes i understand it's not the children's fault but the country cannot risk having isis relatives entering the uk to live with their uk based child.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top