Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 02:58 AM

Re: Windows 10 Scrolling Screen Capture

Hi mart

I tried Sharex but got a different result for Scrolling Screen Capture - an initial Active Screen image followed a new image every time the application scrolled up - 19 in total.

I spent some time with the settings but failed to achieve the desired result.

Finally, just to see something tangible, I took a series of MS Screen Snips and stitched them together with MS ICE before printing.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 04:21 AM

Amendment to the above:

an initial Active Screen image followed by a new image
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:48 AM

I have tried a scrolling capture of a plain text document, the OFF Home Page and the Windows settings (the same as the earlier screenshot). Sharex has done OK at it apart from having to check the margin settings each time. I don't know why the output is behaving differently for you. I found a few things not so user-friendly but this is sometimes the case with open source software.

It tends to want to save to its own folder in 'Documents' but the screenshot can be saved to the Desktop.
It has far more options than many people need and looks a bit complicated to use because of it.

My main worry to start with was that screenshots would be automatically uploaded to somewhere when I want them to be stored only on the computer. I don't know whether that worry was justified but I set it not to happen just in case. This being done by:

Application settings > Advanced > Upload > Disable Upload > True.

I'll keep it installed for a while in place of PicPick. It's only occasionally that I need to do a screenshot anyway.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-11-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I have tried a scrolling capture of a plain text document, the OFF Home Page and the Windows settings (the same as the earlier screenshot). Sharex has done OK at it apart from having to check the margin settings each time. I don't know why the output is behaving differently for you. I found a few things not so user-friendly but this is sometimes the case with open source software.

It tends to want to save to its own folder in 'Documents' but the screenshot can be saved to the Desktop.
It has far more options than many people need and looks a bit complicated to use because of it.

My main worry to start with was that screenshots would be automatically uploaded to somewhere when I want them to be stored only on the computer. I don't know whether that worry was justified but I set it not to happen just in case. This being done by:

Application settings > Advanced > Upload > Disable Upload > True.

I'll keep it installed for a while in place of PicPick. It's only occasionally that I need to do a screenshot anyway.
Hi mart

I think I'll stick with PicPick since my needs are simple. I've just done a few pages successfully and, when it works, it's just what I want, since, after the capture, the image proceeds into an editor, where it can be cropped, copied and pasted.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:13 AM

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-11-2019, 06:40 PM

PicPick Scrolling Screen Capture works for:

Settings/Devices/Bluetooth & other devices
Settings/Devices/Printers & scanners
Settings/Devices/Typing

All other Screen Captures for Devices were Full Screen

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-11-2019, 01:04 PM

PicPick Scrolling Screen Capture works for sub-screens and:

Settings/Devices/Personalisation/Colours
Settings/Devices/Personalisation/Lock Screen
Settings/Devices/Personalisation/Fonts
Settings/Devices/Personalisation/Taskbar

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-11-2019, 07:02 PM

PicPick Scrolling Screen Capture works for sub-screens and:

Settings/Devices/Apps/Apps & features
Settings/Devices/Apps/Default apps
Settings/Devices/Apps/Offline maps Settings/Devices/Apps/Startup

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-11-2019, 07:39 PM

PicPick Scrolling Screen Capture has continued to work when required except for:

Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/Display
Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/Magnifier
Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/Colour Filters
Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/High Contrast
Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/Narrator
Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/Sound
Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/Closed Captions
Settings/Devices/Ease Of Access/Keyboard

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

25-11-2019, 12:21 AM

PicPick Scrolling Screen Capture has continued to work when required except for:

Settings/Devices/Privacy/Diagnostics & feedback
Settings/Devices/Privacy/Activity History

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top