Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:16 PM

Re: The age of a dog?

This is the dog chart I go by. Sorry if it is not very clear, you might need to enlarge it a bit.

They do say if the dog is a pedigree, add two years to your dog before doing the conversion.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
This is interesting . My two cavalier king Charles lived to 16.5 years so they would have been over a hundred. Wasnt I lucky . Sadly both had to be helped to die at the end as they were struggling. Such lovely companions .

May I add something here please .

When Queenie had her pups , 4 healthy babies obviously they stayed with me until over 12 weeks when time came for their forever homes . I was told dogs cant count and queenie would be ok as long as we kept one . Each puppy we waved off with tears in our eyes we expected queenie to be upset but she seemed fine and went indoors to sniff those left . Eventually we were left with one ( Lady) and Queenie didnt appear to be worried . They were both loved for 16 and a half years

So is it true dogs cant count?
They know where the treats are kept though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They know where the treats are kept though.

True.

And I also suspect they know a lot of things they pretend not to know, as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True.

And I also suspect they know a lot of things they pretend not to know, as well.
Yes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Here you go Mags, see if this is any help.

https://www.purina.co.uk/cats/key-li...in-human-years
Thanks Mups that's amazing how they mature a lot quicker than us humble humans.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 06:51 PM

It's interesting though isn't it because some breeds do seem more mature than others. My boy is only just past being like a two year old even though he is about 50 according to the guidance. He's only started to slow down in the last year since he had a leg op. But other dogs, the larger breeds often seem much more mature. Not so long ago he'd be trying to jump up and sniff their bottoms and they would just ignore him disdainfully. Young whippersnapper I guess
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 11:10 PM

I don't know about the numerical relationship, but I have had Boxers all of my life and when they reach 12 years old, you can start planning the final trip to the vet.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top