Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:23 PM

Supermarket Stress

I went to Morrisons for a big shop today and I was shocked and amazed at how packed and heaving it was. People are already stocking up for Christmas, the spirits and booze I saw in peoples trolleys and everyone had trolleys piled high with food.

I was browsing the cold meat section and this man just grabbed hold of my trolley and moved it out of the way quite abruptly while I had hold of it. I was like eh??? what do you think you are doing. He said well you had your trolley in the way! and he was really mad. I said "have you ever thought of using the word excuse me!" I was really cross at his rudeness. I'm not one to normally say anything or argue but I was so cross. He just threw me a filthy look and that was that.

At the end of my shop I was horrified at the amount of people queuing at the tills and there were loads of tills unmanned or should I say staffed. The queues were sooooo long.

So, I stood patientely (well, impatiently really) waiting my turn in the queue and I was queuing for 20 minutes when all of a sudden with only 1 customer in front of me the bloody checkout operator told me, "sorry, this till is closing" I was like "are you kidding me"...…………..she wasn't.

This lady behind me was furious and said can you ask your manager to get some more tills open. The assistant was very rude and started arguing with the customer! The customer was saying "what the hell happened to customer service" then the till operator threw her a filthy look and rolled her eyes and the customer got very cross telling her "don't you roll your eyes at me lady" She deserved that telling off, that till operator was just so rude. By this time I just felt like dumping my trolley full of food and frozen stuff and walking out.

I finally got served after queuing at another till for a further 15 minutes (I pushed in I think oooops)

It was the most stressful shopping trip I've ever had. Was I glad to get out of there!

Remind me next time to do my shopping online, it'll be easier I think!

Have you ever had an eventful stressful shopping trip like that? Heck, I thought someone was going to get thumped.

The saying the customer is always right has died a death for sure.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:29 PM

Re: Supermarket Stress

What an unpleasant experience for you, LQ. It's so sad that what should be a time of peace and goodwill should have become so stressful for some.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:54 PM

LQ, That was shocking. I’m afraid, l would have called someone and told them they should have more staff on the checkouts.

I was once in Argos, in a weekday before Christmas and only one person was serving the long queue.
I tried to be patient but l couldn’t keep quiet as l felt it was totally unacceptable.
I called out to the till person and said, ‘It’s the busiest time of the year and there should be more people serving on the tils. Many of these people in the queue probably only have so long to park and could incur a parking fine’.
It was the usual excuse, ‘We’ve got people off ill and the others are upstairs getting the orders’.
Anyway, it worked and someone appeared and opened another til.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, That was shocking. I’m afraid, l would have called someone and told them they should have more staff on the checkouts.

I was once in Argos, in a weekday before Christmas and only one person was serving the long queue.
I tried to be patient but l couldn’t keep quiet as l felt it was totally unacceptable.
I called out to the till person and said, ‘It’s the busiest time of the year and there should be more people serving on the tils. Many of these people in the queue probably only have so long to park and could incur a parking fine’.
It was the usual excuse, ‘We’ve got people off ill and the others are upstairs getting the orders’.
Anyway, it worked and someone appeared and opened another til.
Good for your, you see if you hadn't spoken up you might still be there now! LOL

I'm not usually one to say anything, I can't quite believe I told that man off! I must have been stressed
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 09:28 PM

Don't forget it's pay day weekend as well, the supermarkets are always busier.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Don't forget it's pay day weekend as well, the supermarkets are always busier.
It was mental Ray. You'd have swore it was Christmas eve panic buyers.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 09:43 PM

In the past, l found the best time to go shopping for groceries at Christmas was going around midnight to a Tesco’s that’s open all night.
Usually the vegetables have been stacked ready for the morning shoppers and it’s lovely and quiet with no queues.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
In the past, l found the best time to go shopping for groceries at Christmas was going around midnight to a Tesco’s that’s open all night.
Usually the vegetables have been stacked ready for the morning shoppers and it’s lovely and quiet with no queues.
yeah, good idea
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 10:03 PM

I walked round to my Aldi today and that was a tad crowded, too. I do keep telling myself, go shopping in the week when all are at work/school.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I went to Morrisons for a big shop today and I was shocked and amazed at how packed and heaving it was. People are already stocking up for Christmas, the spirits and booze I saw in peoples trolleys and everyone had trolleys piled high with food.

I was browsing the cold meat section and this man just grabbed hold of my trolley and moved it out of the way quite abruptly while I had hold of it. I was like eh??? what do you think you are doing. He said well you had your trolley in the way! and he was really mad. I said "have you ever thought of using the word excuse me!" I was really cross at his rudeness. I'm not one to normally say anything or argue but I was so cross. He just threw me a filthy look and that was that.

At the end of my shop I was horrified at the amount of people queuing at the tills and there were loads of tills unmanned or should I say staffed. The queues were sooooo long.

So, I stood patientely (well, impatiently really) waiting my turn in the queue and I was queuing for 20 minutes when all of a sudden with only 1 customer in front of me the bloody checkout operator told me, "sorry, this till is closing" I was like "are you kidding me"...…………..she wasn't.

This lady behind me was furious and said can you ask your manager to get some more tills open. The assistant was very rude and started arguing with the customer! The customer was saying "what the hell happened to customer service" then the till operator threw her a filthy look and rolled her eyes and the customer got very cross telling her "don't you roll your eyes at me lady" She deserved that telling off, that till operator was just so rude. By this time I just felt like dumping my trolley full of food and frozen stuff and walking out.

I finally got served after queuing at another till for a further 15 minutes (I pushed in I think oooops)

It was the most stressful shopping trip I've ever had. Was I glad to get out of there!

Remind me next time to do my shopping online, it'll be easier I think!

Have you ever had an eventful stressful shopping trip like that? Heck, I thought someone was going to get thumped.

The saying the customer is always right has died a death for sure.
I expect both staff and customers were trying to get to church LQ??
Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top