Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 06:08 PM

Re: Pheasant in my garden

Oh muddy i.d love to see that in my garden. You should have taken a photo to show us. How fortunate you are to see that sight.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I added a smiley too, to my post. Actually I really don't like eating pheasant, I prefer venison.
We had quite a few on the farm in Scotland. Now and again we occasionally had one.. And venison too but infrequently.
Where we now live is South Yorkshire but not a lot of game birds. Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie - I think not.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just seen a small male pheasant in my garden .
It’s heaving with rain and blowing a gale.
It’s looked hungry and wasn’t finding anything ( everything had been blown away ) so went with bird food and called it.
To my surprise it rushed straight over and is now tucking into a good feed .
Poor things they are just like chickens being hand reared .
I hope it stays .

My friend has a resident pheasant,2partridges,one bunny,that she feeds,you must be quite rural...as I have never seen them ,in built up areas,...my friend lives in the sticks..with 2 acres of land....I'm jeleous....you should see the birds on her feeders as well...I've seen 15 at a time..I get a few,but nothing like she does.she has deer as well.....she finds growing plants difficult ,(some)as they eat them...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 07:06 PM

I had a pair who visited most days so I called them Frederick & Felicity Pheasant. I haven't seen them this year but I did have a solitary male on the garden 2 weeks ago.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We had quite a few on the farm in Scotland. Now and again we occasionally had one.. And venison too but infrequently.
Where we now live is South Yorkshire but not a lot of game birds. Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie - I think not.
My Brother & Sis-in-Law live near Selby. They rent an ex farm house & the farmer breeds & rears pheasants for shoots & for the table. It's a thriving business. Sometimes the pheasants raid the farm house garden, as once they are old enough they are freed.Once staying there, there were hundreds of them roaming the fields. They even have white birds.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:53 PM

Shooting people pay more or a ‘fine’ for shooting white pheasants .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh muddy i.d love to see that in my garden. You should have taken a photo to show us. How fortunate you are to see that sight.
Couldn’t find my phone .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-12-2019, 01:59 PM

Here he is LQ he’s just dropped in ( excuse my scruffy garden)

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 05:21 PM

What a handsome bird.

Believe it or not I have a friend who is scared of Pheasants - she'd run a mile if he turned up in her garden.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Shooting people pay more or a ‘fine’ for shooting white pheasants .

I have never seen a white pheasant, Muddy.

I would imagine the poor things would make a much easier target for the guns, as they wouldn't blend in to the background like the normal colour ones can.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top