Join for free
Wordgamer
New Member!
London
Wordgamer is male 

12-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Great word game App 'Cramble'

Hi to all. I am new to the forum and an avid word game player (also Backgammon and Chess). I played a word game on paper with my late father for many years and it was a firm favourite of ours. With the advent of smartphones I helped a developer turn it into an App for Apple and Android phones (tablets too). It is totally free and I'm still not bored of it 25 years later. It is similar to Scrabble but played on a much smaller board. You can find it on Apple App Store and Google Play by searching 'Cramble' and as I said it's totally free.

This is an unashamed plug and I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules but the game really has bought a lot of pleasure to me and others so if you feel inclined I hope you enjoy

I was told some years ago that a version of this game was played by troops in the trenches in WW1 - I have no idea if there is any validity to this claim but would be interested to hear if anybody can confirm this.

All the best.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top