Join for free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:20 AM

Do you ever think...

...that maybe you spend far too much time on your laptop, desktop, phone or whatever method you use to get online? Why do you feel the need to chat to strangers? Is there something missing from your life or, like me, do you spend hours sitting alone for whatever reason?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:23 AM

Re: Do you ever think...

I often wonder what I did before the internet.

I probably spent more time with other people. And I definitely spent more time reading magazines and newspapers. I still read, but digital books these days.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:28 AM

I don't think I spend a lot of time on the Internet, maybe half hour in the morning then again about 6pm, otherwise i'm too busy doing other things.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:42 AM

I've been hearing about social media detox periods because it's thought people are addicted to Facebook, Twitter etc. Forums are a form of social media as well and most of us would probably find it difficult to keep away from them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
...that maybe you spend far too much time on your laptop, desktop, phone or whatever method you use to get online? Why do you feel the need to chat to strangers? Is there something missing from your life or, like me, do you spend hours sitting alone for whatever reason?
I have always preferred my own company.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:55 AM

I suspect that I do spend too much time on my Pc, but it is in the study, close to the back door & it keeps me entertained whist waiting for all my cats to come in. They usually come in before 3pm and are then kept in for the night. With 5 of them, I have to do a headcount on all who have been shut in whilst waiting for the others!

I am very interested in people and how they think, so talking to strangers is often very entertaining.... and that is why I spend time on my PC.( I have a secret file on all of you! )

Only joking!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:02 AM

Think of all the money you spend on a landline and broadband!
I'm just making the most of it as I hardly use my house phone.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
That and all those pets I save and snakes I kill and candy I crush, see it's a crusade too!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:03 AM

I would only be watching TV anyway.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:14 AM

In answer to the thread title, I've been known to.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:51 AM

I think I do spend too much time on the computer. A television is just off to the side of me and I watch that more or less at the same time. It's a comfortable corner to be in.

To break the pattern, I've started helping out with looking after our friend's allotments. This gives me something else to do, not only as regards reading/posting in forums but all the other things such as computer games, writing and computer interests in general. These have been a pastime lasting years.

Mrs mart's observation is that I spend too much time at the computer or watching TV. She's probably right. I think she's glad to see me get an interest away from it. I don't ride my bike as much as I used to and could do with some sort of outdoors activity to take its place.

This post has taken too long already. Time to go and do some digging and weeding.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top