Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:27 PM

Liam neeson

Poor Liam , getting a lot of flak in the press today with calls of him being racist ... personally I think he and his actions are anything but racist ... but what do you think ?

Liam Neeson appears on Good Morning America to insist he's NOT racist
https://mol.im/a/6669245

PIERS MORGAN-Cynical Liam Neeson is guilty of being a murderous racist
https://mol.im/a/6670423

https://youtu.be/Zb8KEpkCdRo

Liam Neeson says he's 'not racist' after controversial interview http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47133868
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:22 PM

Re: Liam neeson

I think it has been blown out of all proportion. What he said was a gut reaction to hearing that a friend had been raped by a black person. Which of the media hacks now screaming 'racist' can honestly say they would not have said the same in similar circumstances.

Hm media hacks - and honestly - in the same sentence - how silly of me. pass the Jameson's.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I think it has been blown out of all proportion. What he said was a gut reaction to hearing that a friend had been raped by a black person. Which of the media hacks now screaming 'racist' can honestly say they would not have said the same in similar circumstances.

Hm media hacks - and honestly - in the same sentence - how silly of me. pass the Jameson's.
This..^^^

Usual blown out of proportion nonsense. I don't believe for one minute the guy is racist.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:34 PM

It was racist. It's interesting that he felt the need to share it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
This..^^^

Usual blown out of proportion nonsense. I don't believe for one minute the guy is racist.
I agree with both. A storm in a tea cup.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:42 PM

I'm surprised at the comments here. It's likely to damage his career.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It was racist. It's interesting that he felt the need to share it.

How was it racist?

If his friend had said she was raped by a dwarf and Liam said the same, or that the person was Indian, Egyptian, white, Scottish, Irish, French?

it was a characteristic used to describe the attacker
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:44 PM

Because AnnieS he was on an interview promoting his new film, which is all about revenge, he was asked where he got his mind set into the film from, and he related the tale of his female friend. However he never acted on his thoughts, it was just in his mind in anger, as I think we would all have if it ever happened to a friend of ours.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ragdoll ->
Because AnnieS he was on an interview promoting his new film, which is all about revenge, he was asked where he got his mind set into the film from, and he related the tale of his female friend. However he never acted on his thoughts, it was just in his mind in anger, as I think we would all have if it ever happened to a friend of ours.
Well, you might have momentary feelings of extreme anger and wanting to exact revenge on the perpetrator of the rape, and those feelings might last days or weeks, but what possibly makes his comments racist is that he said he wanted to kill ANY black man, not just the rapist.

He didn't go out looking for just anyone to give him the excuse to beat them with his cosh, but specifically a black man to cosh.

How is that not racist?

It smacks of a one-man lynching party.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
This..^^^

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I agree with both. A storm in a tea cup.
Originally Posted by Missy ->
How was it racist?

If his friend had said she was raped by a dwarf and Liam said the same, or that the person was Indian, Egyptian, white, Scottish, Irish, French?

it was a characteristic used to describe the attacker
Agree with all of the above comments.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top