Join for free
Page 252 of 370 « First < 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 352 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I just have to say how awesome everyone on here is. It just shows everyone can do something to feel fitter, even me with my puny legs.

However, I'm going to look fab when I put my mankini on at the local swimming baths this summer.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I just have to say how awesome everyone on here is. It just shows everyone can do something to feel fitter, even me with my puny legs.

However, I'm going to look fab when I put my mankini on at the local swimming baths this summer.
Thanks Tachyon, you're doing great yourself btw
To me (and no doubt the others in here too) is common sense to keep oneself fit and healthy. Those who scoff at it have only got themselves to blame if they suffer illness from not keeping active

I can see you now parading around that swimming pool mate. Chest out, belly in, arms at right angles....
Seriously, you'll look much better this summer than you have for years bud
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 04:31 PM

Monday 11/2/19: Tension Training: Legs. 1 hour.
(All weights in kgs)

Feeling on top form after some good gym work over the weekend and with my legs especially refreshed, I embarked on what was set to a mammoth workout for the quads, hams, thighs and calves; in effect, a total give-it-all-you’ve-got powerhouse of a workout for the legs. After nearly dying of pain doing all this a few times during my session, it was well worth the torture.

To recap on the sort of training this entails, it’s three sets of increasing weights pushed to the limit because of the ‘pause factor’ embedded within each set; i.e. you do not drop the weight after the first few given reps – you hold it for a few moments while you catch your breath. And it’s a killer of a workout!

Sled press:
25x160 – pause – 15x160 – pause – 10x160
20x200 – pause – 15x200
16x200 (to failure)
50x120 high reps

Incline press:
25x160 – pause – 15x160 – pause – 10x160
15x260 – pause – 10x260
6x300 (to failure)
50x150 high reps
*Adding a full 100kgs to the second set was bonkers to be honest but I carried the task out and accomplished my target. I even went very deep down with the apparatus too to get the maximum force pushed upwards. The legs were screaming but so be it. The only thing to do was round it up to 300 for the final set then!

Seated ham curls:
20x40 – pause – 15x40 – pause - 10x40
10x60 – pause – 6x60
7x70 (to failure)
50x30 high reps
*All of these high reps to finish with are an addition, just to make sure I’m fully experiencing the most ultimate pain and gore possible.

Leg extensions:
20x50 – pause – 15x50 – pause – 10x50
15x80 – pause – 10x80
12x100 (to failure)
30x35 high reps

Additional exercises:

Adductor (“good girls”):
25x60

Abductor (“bad girls”):
25x60

Lying hamstring curl (prone):
25x20, 15x25, 8x40
*I haven’t done the prone hams curl for a while as it’s not an exercise I like very much. You have to be very careful with the lower back, so I didn’t go very heavy. In fact my calves and hams were obliterated anyway by this point, so it was just a gentle and welcome top-up to make the throbbing even worse.

To say that this legs session was one of the best I’ve ever done since my bodybuilding days is an understatement. In terms of feeling ready for it, plus my legs being fully charged and very strong, I gave it all I had and then some. It’s not the kind of workout to do every week because it was excruciatingly hard work but to see the results was well worth it. Full, solid and scarily-bigger muscled quads and calves I thought were a thing confined to history but I’m certain that whatever I think about age being a barrier…it’s all in the mind. Apart from having an injury, there simply is no limit to what the human body can achieve if you put the effort in and be careful with your execution of your chosen exercises. Technique is the key.

Tomorrow I’m going to adapt this tension training to some work on the biceps. If it works anything like it does on the legs there should be a very effective outcome. It’s just getting the ratio of sets/reps/weight within the right quota, as well as knowing where to ‘pause’ the lift. When all of that is in place the results can be awesome. I’m going to work on a suitable template now.

Thanks for reading
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 07:56 PM

Getting better, today walked 2 miles in a hour, but stopped for a total of about 15 plus minutes to chat to other people. Such as fishermen and dog owners
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:32 PM

Floydy, that made me wince just looking at it! Well done.

Realspeed, that sounds like just my kind of walk. I hope the weather was nice.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-02-2019, 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Tachyon;1638348]Floydy, that made me wince just looking at it! Well done. QUOTE]

Cheers buddy! To say it was one of the toughest workouts I've ever done wouldn't be an exaggeration. I'm feeling good after a sleep but I think I'll be feeling the agoney in my legs tomorrow a little.
You been training today?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 01:27 AM

Today's exercise ? - Gardening - including tree felling!
Tachyon

12-02-2019, 01:49 AM

[QUOTE=Floydy;1638351]
Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Floydy, that made me wince just looking at it! Well done. QUOTE]

Cheers buddy! To say it was one of the toughest workouts I've ever done wouldn't be an exaggeration. I'm feeling good after a sleep but I think I'll be feeling the agoney in my legs tomorrow a little.
You been training today?
I generally go on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, so I'll be going tomorrow. It gives my muscles time to have a rest between sessions.

The legs are in good shape after their little workout on Saturday, so I am confident I can do enough to start doing the leg workouts regularly now. I'll still take it easy though.

I'm feeling good about my health now, so what with the improvements in muscle tone and confidence I called in at my last place of work, which involves supporting people with learning difficulties, and asked what they thought about me volunteering there. They were very keen and are hoping that if all goes well, I'll be able to resume actual employment there. They were very glad to see me - as I was them! - and I got lots of nice hugs off staff and the people we support. I can't wait to get back there!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-02-2019, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Today's exercise ? - Gardening - including tree felling!
At least that's more exhausting than making tea and sandwiches and running away from two cats, Tabby.
Tree felling? Bonsai or Giant Redwood? They'll be calling you a Beachcomber next - remember that 70s TV series?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-02-2019, 02:31 AM

[QUOTE=Tachyon;1638530]
Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I generally go on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, so I'll be going tomorrow. It gives my muscles time to have a rest between sessions.

The legs are in good shape after their little workout on Saturday, so I am confident I can do enough to start doing the leg workouts regularly now. I'll still take it easy though.

I'm feeling good about my health now, so what with the improvements in muscle tone and confidence I called in at my last place of work, which involves supporting people with learning difficulties, and asked what they thought about me volunteering there. They were very keen and are hoping that if all goes well, I'll be able to resume actual employment there. They were very glad to see me - as I was them! - and I got lots of nice hugs off staff and the people we support. I can't wait to get back there!
What a great idea, Tachyon
The exercise has probably got you motivated into a more positive frame of mind. Go for it mate

Enjoy your gym session tomorrow

Page 252 of 370 « First < 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 352 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top