Join for free
Page 254 of 370 « First < 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 354 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:18 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's all explained in my posts of this week and last mate. ...
Ah yes, of course. Still makes me wince thinking about it, and I'll give that a wide berth. The ticker is doing pretty well but that would definitely be taking it a stage too far for me, as you say.

Keep up the good work everyone! You all keep me going.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've been slacking the last two weeks but not through choice, just been working 3 jobs and no damn time. I've now jacked one of the jobs in so I'll be back at it from Monday. Been swimming today for 45 minutes and lots of walking so I'm back on track.
Gosh Lion Queen. Three jobs? That’s tough!
Its great that you got in a good swim and some walking.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Bratti, do you fancy coming and giving Mrs Fox some coaching, she's trying to dispel her image of couch potato and 'Say Yes To the Dress' addiction.... ...In all fairness though, she is going out walking every day, and putting in the odd fifteen minutes on the exercise bike...
We used to use marathons for practice for 42 and 56 mile fell runs Bratti....
Your wife seems very motivated Bob. She’s out walking everyday and even managing to put time in on the exercise bike. That’s awesome. My only suggestion is to tell her often how much healthier she is looking since she started working out. Healthier not better. If you use the term better that’s a trap in itself, as you probably already know.

The marathon training I have the upmost respect and appreciation for. It takes a LOT of dedication and commitment to do something like that. During running season jogging 30 miles on a Sunday is his norm. During biking season he’ll ride his bike to visit me which is about 260 kilometres and ride back the same day. He’s 3 1/2 years older than me so I can barely rap my head around it. Probably the only sport I can do a marathon in us swimming but I wouldn’t want to. That’s too competitive with rigid rules. That would suck most of the enjoyment out if it for me but he seemed to thrive off it just like you thrive off of your running Bob. It becomes like an addiction.

You could also tell her that housework becomes easier when you are fit which means it takes less time. This extra time you could use elsewhere.

I’m really glad I joined the gym mainly for the socializing aspect of it. It’s forcing me to interact with others.
The people are really nice and many of them smile and say hi to me which I like. It’s very interesting watching others working out. I’m learning so much from others this way
I’m also learning quite a bit from reading this thread.

I’m glad I’m staying in shape not just for my own personal satisfaction but because I’ve always been the person my husband counts on to help him do things from carpentry, to home repairs , to cutting down trees and chopping wood to bring in for the woodstove. He relies on me and I want to make sure I’m there for him for as long as I can. Plus I’ve been helping my parents and I have to be tough to handle that.

Happy Training everyone.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 09:29 PM

Thanks Floydy and Tachyon, I think I really would be ill if I couldn't get out for a run....I was once too ill with a bad head cold to go to work, but as it was a scheduled 'run day' I decided to go anyway.....And I broke the record for that course.... You couldn't make it up could you....

Your brother sounds like my kind of guy Bratti, although he would leave me for dead these days. Running has always been my first discipline and running thirty miles in training for a marathon or a fell run would not be unusual. Your brothers cycling achievements are awesome, and I can only marvel at the great distances that he covers. I also took the road bike mainly when I was injured, but I only once managed over a hundred miles in one go.

A workmate and myself did do a coast to coast [280 miles] but that was done over three days. Under normal circumstances I would generally cycle between 60 and 80 miles.

But I must compliment you on your training Bratti, especially the swimming, you are obviously keeping yourself in excellent condition....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 09:32 PM

Into Hastings then 1.5 mile walk today
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Into Hastings then 1.5 mile walk today
1.5 mile every day will keep you in good shape Realspeed....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

13-02-2019, 03:20 AM

Thanks Floydy and Tachyon, I think I really would be ill if I couldn't get out for a run....I was once too ill with a bad head cold to go to work, but as it was a scheduled 'run day' I decided to go anyway.....And I broke the record for that course.... You couldn't make it up could you....

Your brother sounds like my kind of guy Bratti, although he would leave me for dead these days. Running has always been my first discipline and running thirty miles in training for a marathon or a fell run would not be unusual. Your brothers cycling achievements are awesome, and I can only marvel at the great distances that he covers. I also took the road bike mainly when I was injured, but I only once managed over a hundred miles in one go.

A workmate and myself did do a coast to coast [280 miles] but that was done over three days. Under normal circumstances I would generally cycle between 60 and 80 miles.

But I must compliment you on your training Bratti, especially the swimming, you are obviously keeping yourself in excellent condition....
I consider myself in good shape Bob but there’s no way I could regularly bike 60 to 80 miles. That’s inspiring and the places you bike must look amazing.

I know my brothers flown to other countries to participate in bike marathons. When he was in New York City he broke his pelvis riding and kept riding. :shrug:

There are many bikers around our area probably because it’s so hilly and scenic. I could really appreciate the novelty of biking when one takes ‘adventure’ into consideration. Some of my best times were traveling on a motorcycle while viewing the countryside so I understand the appeal. I just wish I had that type of stamina.

Do you ever travel to other countries to go biking or jogging?
Besides your hometown what’s the nicest place you’ve jogged?
What’s the main reason you jog?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-02-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Do you ever travel to other countries to go biking or jogging?
Besides your hometown what’s the nicest place you’ve jogged?
What’s the main reason you jog?
Unfortunately after two heart attacks the best bits are behind me now Bratti....
The only other shores I have visited during my career have been the Isle of Man in the Irish sea where I ran the marathon there and managed 14th place. Rather an anti climax though because there were only 63 competitors taking part....

I suppose one of the most beautiful scenic places was North Wales while taking part in the Snowdon Marathon....Such a beautiful country and one of the few places I would possibly relocate to....

The reasons I run/jog are because I've always found it easier to do than most people, with hills being my speciality. These days I do it because I love running and the freedom and tranquility of a lonely trail. To be at one with nature and leave any worries behind at the door....And I still get such a buzz after forty years...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 01:45 PM

Went along to my walking group this morning...blue sky bright sun no excuse!
Longer than usual, around 4 miles I think.
Came on home, didn't go back to the cafe for coffee, now collapsed at home, feet up with large coffee!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-02-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Went along to my walking group this morning...blue sky bright sun no excuse!
Longer than usual, around 4 miles I think.
Came on home, didn't go back to the cafe for coffee, now collapsed at home, feet up with large coffee!
Well done Ruthio, you deserve that coffee......

It's well light now when I set off on my runs at seven, makes it a lot easier picking my way across the boulder strewn field. Work progresses on the railway bridge project but it's hard to see what all those blokes and machines have accomplished so far. The bridge remains intact [no traffic so it's good for runners and walkers] with just piles of earth and stones laying around at the bottom of the slopes and brightly coloured barriers and bollards picking out my running course.......

The sun appears as I get half way round, it's a comforting sight to see, especially since there is still a cold breeze whipping around my naked legs, but it feels good in a strange sort of way....The lane is rutted from tractors preparing fields for spring crops, but without any rain for a week or two the surface is firm, just bumpy.

I was hanging on for the last mile, although the time was decent, I think the head cold I've been carrying has sapped some energy and I was glad it was just a five....Same again tomorrow!

Page 254 of 370 « First < 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 354 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top