Join for free
Page 262 of 370 « First < 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 362 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 04:48 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

OGF what an outstanding distance you have run for the year! By comparison, I appear to have been sitting in a chair for most of 2019. Oh, wait.....that's right, I have!

One of the best things about running outdoors, track not included, is the adventuresome nature of it. Though sometimes it means a grumpy dog, splashing into a muddy puddle, or getting soaked to the bone, it's never uninteresting!

A short run here in a few minutes so I can hop in the car and make yet another five hour drive this afternoon (starting a week that will put another five thousand miles on the car, but I if I don't start now, I will be forever cast into the runner's Hall of Shame .

Tachyon, fast healing your way and to Floydy - well done! Enjoy your day and dinner!

See you in hills of northern Alabama!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Sorry to hear about this too Tachyon. I'm sure it's just a bug as you say. This year has been a nightmare for people contacting chest and coughing fits. You'll be soon pumping the iron again buddy
I feel a lot better than I did yesterday and this morning, when I was contemplating heading to hospital because the pain and breathing impairment felt just like my heart attack. Then I had a coughing fit and some nasty stuff came up and that made a big difference.

As you say, it's been a rough year for chest ailments, and I've had family and friends who had a chest bug and they've all had a bad time. I'm hoping the low dose of chemo hasn't supressed my immune system too much because I want rid of this fast.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I feel a lot better than I did yesterday and this morning, when I was contemplating heading to hospital because the pain and breathing impairment felt just like my heart attack. Then I had a coughing fit and some nasty stuff came up and that made a big difference.

As you say, it's been a rough year for chest ailments, and I've had family and friends who had a chest bug and they've all had a bad time. I'm hoping the low dose of chemo hasn't supressed my immune system too much because I want rid of this fast.
Hopefully it is just a bug as you say, Tachyon. Feeling better today may well be a sign of you getting over this 'bug'.
You'll be back at the gym in no time!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
OGF what an outstanding distance you have run for the year! By comparison, I appear to have been sitting in a chair for most of 2019. Oh, wait.....that's right, I have!

One of the best things about running outdoors, track not included, is the adventuresome nature of it. Though sometimes it means a grumpy dog, splashing into a muddy puddle, or getting soaked to the bone, it's never uninteresting!

A short run here in a few minutes so I can hop in the car and make yet another five hour drive this afternoon (starting a week that will put another five thousand miles on the car, but I if I don't start now, I will be forever cast into the runner's Hall of Shame .

Tachyon, fast healing your way and to Floydy - well done! Enjoy your day and dinner!

See you in hills of northern Alabama!
Take care on your journey, Suzie. Keep in touch
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Tachyon, fast healing your way...
Thank you very much.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 08:52 PM

Went for a swim this morning, it was ruddy packed, didn't realise Aqua Aerobics was on!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-03-2019, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Went for a swim this morning, it was ruddy packed, didn't realise Aqua Aerobics was on!
Surely they have a timetable, Lion Queen? Aqua Aerobics for half an hour then general swimming maybe?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Surely they have a timetable, Lion Queen? Aqua Aerobics for half an hour then general swimming maybe?
Yeah they do but I hadn't checked, one lane cordoned off for peeps who didn't want to do aqua aerobics but too many people in that lane lol. Still I managed 20 lengths before getting out.

Won't be going at 10.30am to 11.15am on a Sunday again I tell ya!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 07:38 PM

I’ve been going to the gym about 3 times a week.
I’m still jogging 2 kilometres to warm up, riding about 4 or 5 miles, doing some weight lifting, using a few machines then doing a cool down stretch which usually takes me about 1 1/2 hours.

With the size of this gym and all the equipment this place has, there hasn’t ever been anybody who has taken a bike, or cross training machine right beside me. Last week there were plenty of empty machines but one man decided to use the machine right beside me. It was so uncomfortable that I had to leave.

I’m not comfortable being that close to others while I’m working out but I’ve since discovered that most people don’t so I don’t feel so unusual

It’s been 3 1/2 months since I joined this gym and I AM definitely noticing muscle tone. Yayyy.

Have fun everyone.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

05-03-2019, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’ve been going to the gym about 3 times a week.
I’m still jogging 2 kilometres to warm up, riding about 4 or 5 miles, doing some weight lifting, using a few machines then doing a cool down stretch which usually takes me about 1 1/2 hours.

With the size of this gym and all the equipment this place has, there hasn’t ever been anybody who has taken a bike, or cross training machine right beside me. Last week there were plenty of empty machines but one man decided to use the machine right beside me. It was so uncomfortable that I had to leave.

I’m not comfortable being that close to others while I’m working out but I’ve since discovered that most people don’t so I don’t feel so unusual

It’s been 3 1/2 months since I joined this gym and I AM definitely noticing muscle tone. Yayyy.

Have fun everyone.
Great news on your exercising, Bratti. Your gym workouts sound like they're espcially doing you some good. Big increases is where it's at!
Never worry about others though, nobody bothers you. They all concentrate on their own thing, so it's best to just get on with it

Page 262 of 370 « First < 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 362 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top