Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 10:04 PM

Re: The changing face of beauty

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We all do Susan. I think my hubby used to share baths with his 8 brothers
WOW! Share a bath with EIGHT brothers?
That’s close. lol

I guess I shouldn’t complain about sharing a bath with 2 brothers when I was little.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 10:29 PM

I shower every morning after my walk and before breakfast, and I bathe every evening while dinner is cooking. I wash my hair once a week - make my own shampoos/shower gels from 100% natural products.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
WOW! Share a bath with EIGHT brothers?
That’s close. lol

I guess I shouldn’t complain about sharing a bath with 2 brothers when I was little.
One after the other I think.
Not at the same time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I shower every morning after my walk and before breakfast, and I bathe every evening while dinner is cooking. I wash my hair once a week - make my own shampoos/shower gels from 100% natural products.
I think most do Tabby. But they are saying it is not good for us. We can never win.

I am wondering if anyone makes there own products. That would be interesting.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 11:21 PM

One after the other I think.
Not at the same time.
LMAO! Yeah. I’m slow
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 11:28 PM

I think people are definitely showering less and nothing to do with the environment. They simply focus on social media instead of hygiene.

I have to wash my hair every day. When I wake it's all over the place as it's naturally very wavy but I like it neat. I don't feel ready to face the real world until I have washed and blown it dry and put my make up on. I used to also straighten my hair with tongs for about ten years but I've weaned myself off that.

If I was retired I wouldn't care so much, would probably sit in a dressing gown with wild hair and drink tea all day - bliss!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-09-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think people are definitely showering less and nothing to do with the environment. They simply focus on social media instead of hygiene.

I have to wash my hair every day. When I wake it's all over the place as it's naturally very wavy but I like it neat. I don't feel ready to face the real world until I have washed and blown it dry and put my make up on. I used to also straighten my hair with tongs for about ten years but I've weaned myself off that.

If I was retired I wouldn't care so much, would probably sit in a dressing gown with wild hair and drink tea all day - bliss!
Remind me never to ask you a hair-raising question Annie.
I could never go out without my slap on either.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Social media instead of hygiene ??????
That might be true in the case of young children .
My grandson is loathe to leave his computer for anything M
Dirty little tyke!
I like to shower most days its makes you feel nice and fresh but an all over wash will do the same .
Not really into baths anymore.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Just found this.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...daily-revealed
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:20 PM

I see there is a move toward more environmentally-friendly products and packaging.
Meanwhile, the ‘cleansing reduction’ movement has spanned to showering and bathing less, as people realise that over-washing isn’t good for the planet or the skin.
I usually bath or shower every other day. I am sure as a child it was only twice a week????

Are any of you bathing or showering every day?
How often do you wash your hair?
I shower each morning, and wash my hair daily too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top