Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 11:59 PM

Re: Are you alone this Christmas?

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I don't think I have ever been alone Bratti.
I suppose some people like to be.
Well I’m a loner and prefer to be alone most of the time but perhaps it’s because I have a choice. Some people have no choice and I think that’s probably quite different
I’d be willing to keep others company though if they can handle me that is.

Where are you going for Christmas?
This year I’m going to my parents to make them a Christmas dinner and am looking forward to it because they aren’t getting many more.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Well I’m a loner and prefer to be alone most of the time but perhaps it’s because I have a choice. Some people have no choice and I think that’s probably quite different
I’d be willing to keep others company though if they can handle me that is.

Where are you going for Christmas?
This year I’m going to my parents to make them a Christmas dinner and am looking forward to it because they aren’t getting many more.
I am at home, I will be cooking for hubby and my boys, maybe my stepson and girlfriend will be staying, they have not confirmed yet.
I am glad to be home, I have been away so much.
I will be popping in to keep members company. Why not eh, if you do that will be even better. X
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am at home, I will be cooking for hubby and my boys, maybe my stepson and girlfriend will be staying, they have not confirmed yet.
I am glad to be home, I have been away so much.
I will be popping in to keep members company. Why not eh, if you do that will be even better. X
I’ll be roasting a turkey and cooking a ham dinner the day before to take up there. My husband and I usually have Christmas alone since everyone is so far away but this year we are having a family reunion on my husband’s side so I’m really looking forward to it. I’m learning some Christmas songs in my saxophone so I can serenade my family.

My parents owned a condominium in Florida so were away every Christmas. My brother had his own family which he celebrated with and I had no other family so Christmases were always quiet for me. It’s what I’d grown used to.

I’d be happy to pop in and say hello
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:38 AM

Christmas day is busy for me...sons for breakfast and I will watch my grandson and step grandkids open their presents then onto my daughter's for lunch then later in the evening off to pals for drinks...so a busy day. Boxing day will be quieter but it will give me time to prepare for a family get together at mine the following day...then I'm away for a couple of days over New Year
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Christmas day is busy for me...sons for breakfast and I will watch my grandson and step grandkids open their presents then onto my daughter's for lunch then later in the evening off to pals for drinks...so a busy day. Boxing day will be quieter but it will give me time to prepare for a family get together at mine the following day...then I'm away for a couple of days over New Year
How lovely. Have fun. X
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Being alone at Christmas is only sad for those who would like to spend it with family. My sister will be here but we will not see it as a special time, we will just have a really nice dinner and hope that we don't get unexpected visitors.

I have often asked if there are any local, elderly people on their own, who would like to have dinner with us, but I understand that they don't want to let people know, about old people who will be alone, for security reasons!

I may pop on here for a chat, but my sister and I will be very happy doing as little as possible and relaxing.
Neither of us has ever understood why people enjoy all the stress of having a houseful of people, all on the same day!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Being alone at Christmas is only sad for those who would like to spend it with family. My sister will be here but we will not see it as a special time, we will just have a really nice dinner and hope that we don't get unexpected visitors.

I have often asked if there are any local, elderly people on their own, who would like to have dinner with us, but I understand that they don't want to let people know, about old people who will be alone, for security reasons!

I may pop on here for a chat, but my sister and I will be very happy doing as little as possible and relaxing.
Neither of us has ever understood why people enjoy all the stress of having a houseful of people, all on the same day!
Do pop in if you can Twink. X
I am going to try and keep those who have no family company.
I am usually away, but not this year.
Have a wonderful day with your sister. X
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 03:53 PM

We are the hub........wonder why.............

Starter:
Whisky smoked salmon w/ salad leaves and lemon wedges
Cheese Board w/crackers - nuts and dried fruits

Main:
Ham glazed with sweet chili,soy,mustard sauce
Cumberland sauce
Pigs in Blankets
Macaroni & Cheese
Roasted Carrots
Broccoli Casserole
Roasted Potatoes
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Yorkshire Pudding
Umami Gravy

Dessert:
Apple Crisp
Italian Lemon Pound Cake
Drinks:
Water, Orange Juice, Coffee, Tea, Lager, Wine
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We have quite a few members who live alone who have enjoyed Christmas Day here on the forum as far back as I can remember. Quite a few come on here to chat and enjoy themselves like any other day .... fun, laughter and free from arguments.

I will not be here for the most of Christmas Day but will look in Christmas morning to say 'hello'. Save me a mince pie please.
I will be accepting Christmas kisses from 7am Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I will be accepting Christmas kisses from 7am Mags.
Gosh that’s early LD

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top