Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:35 PM

logging on

I have been having problems logging into the forum. When I tried to log in I got the message that I am either using the wrong username or password. I am using the username and password that I used when I first registered but they are not being accepted.
This problem has been going on for several hours but at last things are back to normal. Why was my username and password not accepted in the first place and why did it take several attempts to get back in again.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Re: logging on

Are you sure you are typing it correctly, i.e. Capitals, lower caps etc.

I never Log out.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:53 PM

I too never log out. It has been suggested that maybe someone is trying to get into my account. Could this be a possibility?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:57 PM

No Ben, its normally yourself, if you have been playing about with your Password, keep trying to type it, then the Forum thinks that someone is trying to get into your account, they don't realise its you.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I have been having problems logging into the forum. When I tried to log in I got the message that I am either using the wrong username or password. I am using the username and password that I used when I first registered but they are not being accepted.
This problem has been going on for several hours but at last things are back to normal. Why was my username and password not accepted in the first place and why did it take several attempts to get back in again.
I have encountered similar "problems" but only sporadically - I'll make a note of the circumstances next time .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:05 PM

I have "induced" the error by logging out/clearing cookies and then attempting to log on on the same browser tab. If I open another browser tab to log in then no "problem" occurs.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Like Omah says Ben, I deleted my cookies and it was a right pain trying to log back on to the forum.....
In fact, every site I visit I had to start from scratch again....
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:53 PM

With most browsers, certainly Firefox, you can selectively delete cookies rather than just blitz the lot.
big ben
United Kingdom

03-03-2019, 02:12 PM

Thank you very much for you replies. As things seem to behaving now I will leave things as they are and maybe leave my computer on at all times. As you may have guessed I know more about brain surgery than I do about the workings of the computer.
Once again many thanks.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

03-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Like Omah says Ben, I deleted my cookies and it was a right pain trying to log back on to the forum.....
In fact, every site I visit I had to start from scratch again....
I don't mean delete all cookies - I mean logging out from OFF, which will entail deleting site cookies only, instead of just closing the tab with an "X".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top