Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:21 PM

Re: Why do we hate the EU?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And how many UK citizens are employed by these 20%? Are you willing to risk that?
Hey I am one of them and my husband is another so yes I am willing to risk it myself, sometimes death is preferable to being a slave, sometimes we have to sacrifice for our freedom. My sacrifice if there is one is so much less than our men and women lost during WW1 and WW2 it's embarrassing to see it as a risk or sacrifice. They lost their lives so we could be free I offer up my cleaning job ? no comparison is there really ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Cathode Ray Always Positive
Not in the real, physical world.

Cathode rays (electron beams) are streams of electrons observed in vacuum tubes. If an evacuated glass tube is equipped with two electrodes and a voltage is applied, glass behind the positive electrode is observed to glow, due to electrons emitted from the cathode (the electrode connected to the negative terminal of the voltage supply). They were first observed in 1869 by German physicist Johann Wilhelm Hittorf, and were named in 1876 by Eugen Goldstein Kathodenstrahlen, or cathode rays.
Cathode rays are so named because they are emitted by the negative electrode, or cathode, in a vacuum tube.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hey I am one of them and my husband is another so yes I am willing to risk it myself, sometimes death is preferable to being a slave, sometimes we have to sacrifice for our freedom. My sacrifice if there is one is so much less than our men and women lost during WW1 and WW2 it's embarrassing to see it as a risk or sacrifice. They lost their lives so we could be free I offer up my cleaning job ? no comparison is there really ?
Indeed, brexit vs ww1 and 2? No comparison.
doc harley
New Member!
Ohio, USA
doc harley is male 

11-04-2019, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hey Julie ,I have absolutely no dog in this race. However, I applaude your BRAVERY!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 06:40 AM

Hi

I do not hate the EU at all.

It is simply not for me.

I do not even object to a Customs Union and the Single Market.

That makes sense, bigger is better when it comes to Trade Negotiations.

I want no part of further integration, the Euro, common taxation policies etc.

I am fed up with France and Germany constantly breaking the rules with no action taken against them.

The EU is not something I want to be part of.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 07:35 AM

The fact is we are not liked by continentals .
It's difficult to not hate the EU when they show their contempt for us so clearly .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The fact is we are not liked by continentals .
It's difficult to not hate the EU when they show their contempt for us so clearly .
Hi

Whose fault is that Muddy?

It is ours, well our Politicians.

Cameron went cap in hand to ask for permission to do things France, Germany, Austria etc had just done and no action taken against them.

We voluntarily refer things to the ECJ, things we do not have to.

France and Germany don't, France kicked out 10,000 Roma, we do not

France and Germany and others did not allow free movement immediately when the Eastern European Countries joined.

this was entirely within EU Rules.

Which country just opened it's doors?

We did of course.

We have an absolute exemption from Free Movement on the grounds of Public Safety and Public Health.

Do we use it?

No.

We deport EU Criminals at the end of their sentences.

They then come back here and commit further offences.

We are a joke.

It annoys me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 07:56 AM

You are right .
What a bunch of nimcompoops we are

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top