Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:16 AM

Re: Labour takes 5 point lead

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's getting a bit like resurgent Boy Bands.
Has-beens and nonentities.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:23 AM

Strikes me that there's a crying need for a root to branch restructuring of our government, what we have now is far beyond its use by date.

Our electoral system for a start. Some form of PR for sure. Our present system is illogical and far from being democratic.

Then political parties themselves. I find it amazing how the very thought of a popularist party gets our current bunch of politicians into such a tizzwazz.

To me that smacks of a "do at we tell you, we know better than you" attitude.

Well guess what Mr MP, maybe there's times that you do, but you've been elected to represent us and what we want promoting in The House using your party mandate as a basis.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I see what you mean
i will never vote conservative on principle but I won't vote for labour under Corbyn .
We need new leaders.
I agree totally with Muddys points. I could not vote Tory but Labour with Corbyn means I cannot vote Labour either.

As I've said on a previous thread UKip with its present leader has gone too far right wing.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:54 AM

I don't understand people saying they will vote for Labour because of the Brexit debacle I consider Labour to be equally responsible....and if they got in for sure we would not leave....he wants to stay in the Customs Union...that's not leaving
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't understand people saying they will vote for Labour because of the Brexit debacle I consider Labour to be equally responsible....and if they got in for sure we would not leave....he wants to stay in the Customs Union...that's not leaving
Corbyn is pro Leave and hates the EU but he will not support the government in any way.
His main aim and that of his puppet masters is to bring down the government and to install a left wing Marxist government.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Could anything be worse than the hopeless mob of Etonians and old ladies you have in power now? They can't seem to agree on anything.

Corbyn can't be worse, he might actually get something done even if he does nationalise the railways.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Could anything be worse than the hopeless mob of Etonians and old ladies you have in power now? They can't seem to agree on anything.

Corbyn can't be worse, he might actually get something done even if he does nationalise the railways.
Sadly he can't get support from his party though Bruce the amount of old guard blairites is still going to stop him moving forward with any sort of programme of works.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Does anyone believe polls these days .
The electorate tell pollsters anything that comes into their heads .
I certainly don't. The few times I have taken part in a Mori poll, I have purposely lied.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Step forward, PM Corbyn.

Only a matter of time . . .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Does anyone believe polls these days .
The electorate tell pollsters anything that comes into their heads .
I am not sure that is the problem for pollsters in the UK. They have two problems, firstly getting a good cross section of voters but more importantly getting a cross section of voters that actually vote.

It is amazing how accurate polls can be when the latter condition is removed though the last state election was supposed to be close and in the end it wasn't. The problem then is what happens if any swing is confined to safe seats that don't matter

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top