Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 04:34 PM

Re: Nigel's new Brexit Party

We have our own poison dwarf.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

11-04-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
In the case of Brexit, if the majority of voters in Scotland would prefer to remain in the EU, the best course of action would be to press for independence.
You cannot answer that honestly until it goes to the vote, the cross section of Scots who say they want to remain could have been hand picked or regionally biased.
Here is a section to prove what l say taken from the link at the bottom;
"The Scottish National Party (SNP), which is the dominant political player in the north, explicitly states in its manifesto that grounds for another referendum include “Scotland being taken out of the EU against our will.” In 2014, 55% of voters in Scotland opted to stay in the UK. But in a post-Brexit poll, 60% of Scots said they’d choose independence if another vote was held.
A poll is totally different than a vote!
https://qz.com/717895/scotland-is-be...own-in-the-eu/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by BritGuyUSA ->
Tell me about it.

Witness the majority of 'national' polls on the Brexit subject...

which are probably all conducted in London!

I'm sure that some must have been conducted purely within the Palace of Westminster!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 05:08 PM

LOL & LOL............(which BTW is another abbreviation l hate!)
Hi again Brigy,, l think you are getting on famously for
your first day, and you seem to be on the right side
as well, thats a bonus. I am hoping to recruit you into
my REVENGE campaign as your texting skills seem to
be far superior to mine,, My plan is to harness all the bad
feelings us lower mortals have developed for our
superiors, into a concerted focused attack on the status
Quo in this country. I need to convince all like minded
individuals resident here, not to waste their vote, they
must use that voteTHEY MUST VOTE.
They allready know WHO to vote for.
OUR TIME IS COMING
Dont Waste I t

If you have the means to spread this gospel please
do it! All must vote all must vote one way
Sorry to put all this on your shoulders on your first day
Brigy but l am so pissed off!

Best Regards Donkeyman
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
We have our own poison dwarf.
Now now, that’s no way to talk about Ruth Davidson. She does her best.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:40 AM

You cannot answer that honestly until it goes to the vote, the cross section of Scots who say they want to remain could have been hand picked or regionally biased.
Here is a section to prove what l say taken from the link at the bottom;
"The Scottish National Party (SNP), which is the dominant political player in the north, explicitly states in its manifesto that grounds for another referendum include “Scotland being taken out of the EU against our will.” In 2014, 55% of voters in Scotland opted to stay in the UK. But in a post-Brexit poll, 60% of Scots said they’d choose independence if another vote was held.
https://qz.com/717895/scotland-is-be...own-in-the-eu/

I think you’d find that post 2014, Scots realised just how much they had been lied to. Remember the so called Vow? Remember the main argument that Scotland shouldn’t vote yes as we would have to leave the E.U.? Then along cane Brexit when our views mean nothing.
Is it any wonder there has been a rise in interest in independence? But as you say, the only poll that matters is via the voting booth. I would remind you that pre the 2014 vote, support for independence rose from 25% to 45%, there is a larger baseline now.
Before anyone else says it, 30% approx. of SNP supporters voted leave. That emphasis the fact that voters of all political hues voted leave and thus Brexit should have been handled on a cross party basis, but here we are in this mess held ransom by a Tory Government that in turn is held ransom by the ERG and the DUP.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 09:32 AM

I'd like to ask BritGuy to have a word with his president and try to persuade him to come and rescue this country from the expansionist EU Empire, because our own government have now decided to side with the enemy.

Personally, I'd rather be the 51st State than a vassal state of the EU. At least in America, everyone is treated fairly regardless of which state they are in, whereas in the EU we shall be regarded as simply a cash cow and a place in which to send the EU's undesirables.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Anyone interested ? Sign up

https://thebrexitparty.org/?fbclid=I...5b-GXumaNlKdcI
Joined weeks ago Puddle Duck.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd like to ask BritGuy to have a word with his president and try to persuade him to come and rescue this country from the expansionist EU Empire, because our own government have now decided to side with the enemy.

Personally, I'd rather be the 51st State than a vassal state of the EU. At least in America, everyone is treated fairly regardless of which state they are in, whereas in the EU we shall be regarded as simply a cash cow and a place in which to send the EU's undesirables.
We have more in common with the USA than we do with the rest of the Europe that's for sure.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 12:33 PM

Just watched the launch of the Brexit Party today.

I must admit, I really like these guys and so far I'm a happy Brexit Party member.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top