Join for free
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 09:56 PM

How one stray dog changed my life forever

What a lovely heartwarming story for this lady who went through difficulties and trauma and suicidal thoughts, then came out the other side with the help of Lucy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47821537
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 11:17 PM

Re: How one stray dog changed my life forever

Can't make this out. Is it my computer?

I can't see Pesta's link. I just keep getting a message saying they can't connect to that server.

I got the same message on that ' Juji biggest dog in the world' YouTube link too. Couldn't see that either.

Can someone else try this BBC link please? See if it works for you? Thanks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Can't make this out. Is it my computer?

I can't see Pesta's link. I just keep getting a message saying they can't connect to that server.

I got the same message on that ' Juji biggest dog in the world' YouTube link too. Couldn't see that either.

Can someone else try this BBC link please? See if it works for you? Thanks.
The link opens up immediately for me Mups

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The link opens up immediately for me Mups

Thank you Mags.
It seems to be Firefox where the fault is.
I have just logged off and come back using Chrome, and it seems fine. How odd.

Thanks very much though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 11:32 PM

Thank you Mags.
It seems to be Firefox where the fault is.
I have just logged off and come back using Chrome, and it seems fine. How odd.

Thanks very much though.
I stopped using Firefox a few years ago as I was having problems with Firefox, I use Safari now.

Glad you can see it Mups, it's a lovely story.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-04-2019, 02:28 PM

I can understand how she related to the dog, and how they helped each other, but what happened to the dog in the end? I couldn't see anywhere saying she brought it back to Scotland with her and still has her?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 09:47 PM

I can understand how she related to the dog, and how they helped each other, but what happened to the dog in the end? I couldn't see anywhere saying she brought it back to Scotland with her and still has her?
Ah well Mups .... I followed it up - here's your answer in these three articles I found. Poor Lucy died.
I really admire this lady who has turned her life around and done some good in this world. Good on her.

From Lucy’s Legacy Apr 14, 2015

'Lucy died unexpectedly in my arms on the 26th March 2015 in Hatay, Turkey. A shock to me and to everyone following our journey'.

https://worldbikegirl.com/lucys-legacy/

From Big Issue August 15, 2018

The life-changing power of a street dog named Lucy

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/the-...og-named-lucy/

'A trip to the vets showed Lucy had 31 shot gun pellets inside her, had suffered fractured bones and one of her paws was destroyed'.

'To help the street animals of the world I have set up Lucy’s Legacy with the three main aims of assisting frontline rescue groups, reducing abuse and neglect through education and offering support for emergency rescue operations. I also want to help people who have been through similar turbulent pasts, especially those who have suffered abuse and homelessness'.

From Lonely Planet 5 DECEMBER 2018

Meet the woman who travels the world on her bike rescuing dogs

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/20...es-dog-rescue/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-04-2019, 11:31 PM

Thank you Pesta.

So it seems Lucy survived after the vet dealt with all the shotgun pellets, and dog fight wounds, and her death was finally 'unexpected' later on in her life.

I suppose it's fair to assume no one would know the age of these poor street dogs.

A friend of mine took one on from Cypress I think she was.
She is a very loyal dog too.

A sad, and moving story.
Thanks again.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 03:47 PM

A sweet, heart-wrenching story of two lovely females.

We must never cease to take care of our most vulnerable, regardless of their species.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top