Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 04:58 AM

New Anti Terrorism Law

Hi

A new Anti Terrorism Law comes into force today.

It will not help our current problems, but is certainly a step forward in dealing with any future issues.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-12/...years-in-jail/

Whist it was opposed by Corbyn, Abbott and Lammy, the majority of Labour MPs supported it.

It was also opposed by Theresa May when she was Home Secretary.

It has only got through because of her weakened position.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 05:08 AM

Re: New Anti Terrorism Law

Makes sense to me Swims...I wonder why Corbyn Abbott and May thought it didn't?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hi

Corbyn and Abbott are dangerous people.

They live in La La Land where everyone is rational.

Normal rules of evidence do not apply to Terrorists.

Theresa May is different, she is a calculating machine.

She has no empathy at all to normal people.

She lives in a bubble, totally protected.

To her it is a mathematical equation, sod the deaths of kids as in Manchester, it will not happen to her.

It is simply cheaper to let people be killed than to protect them.

I find this very, very wrong.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:01 AM

Goes nowhere near enough.

We are engaged in a war.

A war between democracy and a filthy foul inhuman theocracy.

To deal with the "soldiers" and their supporters in the same was as common or garden criminals are dealt with is beyond stupid.

For starters I would add immediate cancelling of British nationality from those who have become nationalised and immediate deportation.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Labour one reason is that party policy is to brown nose around the electorate in Marginal seats, which means in many cases where the electorate would be most adversely affected by such legislation.

Another is that such legislation upsets Snowflakes who also are being targeted by Labour.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 02:10 PM

-makes it illegal to “recklessly” express support for a proscribed organisation;
'Recklessly' is such a perception laden word, what does it mean in law? Typical Javid 'make ne=me leader' style empty populism.

-creates an offence of obtaining or viewing terrorist material over the internet;
We cannot have ordinary people looking to see what all the trouble is about, can we? Someone might notice we are being less than truthful.

-extends extra-territorial jurisdiction for some terror-related crimes;
What does this mean? It sounds like it is to allow our forces to overrun the sovereignty of other countries when it suits us.

-increases maximum sentences for a number of offences.
Why is this necessary? It is just grandstanding or just twisting the law to meet the needs of the Home Secretary.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

12-04-2019, 02:52 PM

What a load of BS to try & put a smokescreen over the real issue of immigration in the UK!!!
ALL immigration based on family ties or European identity should be stopped immediately!
ANY Muslim (let's be honest, they are who we are talking about) who travels to ANY country the UK doesn't like shouldn't be allowed to return, one way tickets only should be sold & they should set up a fund to get as many of them to take the one way ticket as possible!!

Rant over.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by BritGuyUSA ->
What a load of BS to try & put a smokescreen over the real issue of immigration in the UK!!!
ALL immigration based on family ties or European identity should be stopped immediately!
ANY Muslim (let's be honest, they are who we are talking about) who travels to ANY country the UK doesn't like shouldn't be allowed to return, one way tickets only should be sold & they should set up a fund to get as many of them to take the one way ticket as possible!!

Rant over.

Now don't tell me, you're a family member of Adolph Eichmann - seig heil !!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:10 PM

A comment well up to your usual standard UJ.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Now don't tell me, you're a family member of Adolph Eichmann - seig heil !!!

Godwin's law proven once again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top