Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 08:11 AM

It seems even Nature ...

... has a North - South divide.

This is one of the lovely Whitebeams in the village. The North side of it still has bare branches with few buds, the South side is in full leaf !

It looks quite odd.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:24 AM

Re: It seems even Nature ...

This one is a bit clearer.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 02:43 PM

I know moss grows on the north side of tree trunks but I've never noticed north/south leaves growing unevenly before. I'll have to look at a few other trees to see how they look. Is the tree in a particularly exposed position?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

14-04-2019, 03:18 PM

It is in a row beside the main road to the village - the road has houses on both sides so isn't 'over-exposed' to the elements. The prevailing wind along there is Easterly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top