Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 03:52 PM

Re: Why should I justify my vote?

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
For some reason, though I was in the allotment shop this morning just buying some seed trays and canes, I found myself defending my own decision to vote Brexit, to the shop volunteer who claimed 'we all voted to stay in'.

She wanted to know why. I said just because. But she still wanted to know from where that decision sprang. I wouldn't/couldn't answer her without us probably having a full blown political argument. I said all my family voted Leave.

I did go on to say I thought it was wrong that Remainers wanted another Referendum and why couldn't they accept the decision.

So there is my big question, as in the thread title. Why should I justify myself?
Good for you.

When she wanted to know why you voted for Brexit, you should have asked her why she decided to vote to remain in the EU.

I have asked that question a number of times, and have yet to receive any logical answer!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If you had voted 'stay' then all would be sweetness and light and Britain would still be highly regarded as a world leader but then again the rest of the world wouldn't have had such a good laugh! Tough choice.
A world leader?

What, as a vassal state of a foreign power?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-04-2019, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
see!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-04-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
For heavens sake Solasch, is the Netherlands so desperate to keep us in the EU that they have given you a full time job harassing Brexiteers?
Well, to be fair, when we leave they're going to have to cough up more money to subsidise the Brussels Brigade!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, to be fair, when we leave they're going to have to cough up more money to subsidise the Brussels Brigade!
The budget for the new period has to be approved by the europarliament in oktober. Since farage and consorts will probably be a mep, that budget will be small, so will be the contribution from the netherlands and other memberstates. No worries!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 07:31 PM

As a Surinamese you must have experience of Dutch colonial aggression....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
As a Surinamese you must have experience of Dutch colonial aggression....
Only the singling out of the first black kid in school in a rural area in the netherlands. The stares, the prejudices etc.
Of late aggression comes from (religious) minorities that are becoming majorities.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A gun then.
You'd only shoot yourself in the foot.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top