Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 01:44 PM

Skype which used to so good and easy is now impossible .
I have tried to sign in all morning .
I have reset my password five times .
Now it says I have to sign in with Microsoft and it looks like someone else is using my account so must verify with another email that I don't have .
So they say mak one with outlook but I can't do that because I can't sign into Microsoft .
Being going around in circle for two rotten hours
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Re: Skype

Skype was doomed to fail as soon as it was taken over by Microsoft. If you have a mobile phone, you could use one of the many free Apps such as `FaceTime` on the iPhone, Google Duo on Android or even Whatsapp. All you need in addition is a data allowance or a WiFi connection.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 02:14 PM

I can't even sign into my Microsoft account, I tried once and it said reset my password as it was wrong, second time it said I'd tried too many times. I was trying to install Office, new item with code. Impossible!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 03:49 PM

Tessa that is what has been happening to me all morning .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Skype was doomed to fail as soon as it was taken over by Microsoft. If you have a mobile phone, you could use one of the many free Apps such as `FaceTime` on the iPhone, Google Duo on Android or even Whatsapp. All you need in addition is a data allowance or a WiFi connection.
Yes I know but I have a load of contacts listed in Skype and still some money on my Skype account.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:57 PM

Skype is awful, I have no end of problems with it.

I feel your pain Muddy
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:38 PM

We use facebook messenger video calling, easy peasy.....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:56 PM

Wife used to use skype to keep in touch with her dad in Slovakia.
Gave up and now uses whatsapp - that does video calls as well and doddle to use.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-05-2019, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We use facebook messenger video calling, easy peasy.....

I do use Facebook messenger but I preferred to use Skype when calling business numbers overseas .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top