Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 01:26 PM

Knife Crime

Knife crime and other major crimes are on the increase. What can be done to reduce this plague that is rife in almost every city and town in the country?
My answer to this solution would reduce it by a vast amount but it will never be brought in because of all this Human Rights thing, A government that does not believe in punishment but rehabilitation, A fear of being dubbed racist, A shortage of street patrolling police officers, Magistrates that are too soft on crime and hand out lenient sentences.
I say bring back hard labour. Life in jail meaning life with no parole. Take away all the privileges like televisions, games rooms etc; In other words make the punishment fit the crime
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Re: Knife Crime

Bb I agree with you , but in all honesty what good does it do for us all to talk about it , we ordinary beings get no where at all , even signing petitions by the dozen doesn't make any changes whatsoever in this country. MPs talk about it but seem to just talk . We can talk and talk and debate as much as we want absolutely nothing will be done to stop it . Our police force struggling, emergency services struggling

No one listens do they
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Bb I agree with you , but in all honesty what good does it do for us all to talk about it , we ordinary beings get no where at all , even signing petitions by the dozen doesn't make any changes whatsoever in this country. MPs talk about it but seem to just talk . We can talk and talk and debate as much as we want absolutely nothing will be done to stop it . Our police force struggling, emergency services struggling

No one listens do they

I agree,Susan!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 02:33 PM

I started a thread in the 'Pets' section about 3 weeks ago on this.
It is not only humans who are in the receiving end of these hateful people, it is sadly also happening to animals too.

Many animals are being attacked, slashed and stabbed for no reason, and they can't even defend themselves or report it.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=60634

With regard to humans though, even kids who don't intend to harm others, still feel they have to carry knives incase they get attacked.

Unlike guns, they are quick, silent, and you don't need a licence.
I don't know the answer.

(Apologies for bringing attenton to another thread about this too, Ben).
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 03:40 PM

I think we need more good police officers on the streets to prevent crime rather than police officers running round in police cars reacting to crimes.

We also need the magistrates, judges to come down hard on crime and prisons to be a place no one wants to be sent to.

It will never happen as it costs money.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Knife crime and other major crimes are on the increase. What can be done to reduce this plague that is rife in almost every city and town in the country?
My answer to this solution would reduce it by a vast amount but it will never be brought in because of all this Human Rights thing, A government that does not believe in punishment but rehabilitation, A fear of being dubbed racist, A shortage of street patrolling police officers, Magistrates that are too soft on crime and hand out lenient sentences.
I say bring back hard labour. Life in jail meaning life with no parole. Take away all the privileges like televisions, games rooms etc; In other words make the punishment fit the crime
I agree with this entirely, in fact I find myself in agreement with all the above posters.
It is also very true that nothing will change in this country until we have a change of government.

Perhaps we should look at other countries which don't suffer the same extent of crime as we in this country do.

Saudi Arabia, for example, has a very low crime rate. Why? Well, theft is rewarded by the removal of a hand; murder is rewarded by the removal of the head!

Well, there's no denying that such punishments seem to work.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 04:23 PM

Use of knives to the extent that it now takes place is an import.

Knives used to be carried and occasionally used along with some other nasties. But having decided to welcome all "cultures" there's some that used knives as a means of communication.

It's caught on.

Solution?

IMO a multiple approach is needed. Short term open season on the most probable low lives to carry weapons and get medieval on the arses of anyone found tooled up. That will mean targeting certain groups. Big deal. There's no point fishing where the fish ain't likely to be.

First step reclaim OUR streets.

Unfortunately that will mean more police. If it hadn't been necessary to divert resources from the Old Bill to unconventional police in order to constantly watch around 8000 people considered to be a danger to us (yes, 8000!) then we would have a lot more police on the streets.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I think we need more good police officers on the streets to prevent crime rather than police officers running round in police cars reacting to crimes.

We also need the magistrates, judges to come down hard on crime and prisons to be a place no one wants to be sent to.

It will never happen as it costs money.
And, the Establishment are too soft, despite the worthless soundbites they come out with.

Remember recently when coppers were given the go to knock moped crims off their bikes? - we all applauded that decision.

However, there are now several cops being investigated over it because one of the scum broke his leg when knocked off. We are run by complete and utter bloody pansies.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
And, the Establishment are too soft, despite the worthless soundbites they come out with.

Remember recently when coppers were given the go to knock moped crims off their bikes? - we all applauded that decision.

However, there are now several cops being investigated over it because one of the scum broke his leg when knocked off. We are run by complete and utter bloody pansies.
Yes, I agree.

I have a strong suspicion that the 'boots on the ground' are as fed up as the rest of us.
All of these politically-motivated rules must come down from the senior managers, and to them from our glorious politicians.

Presumably, the same influences are applied on our judiciary.

I suppose that if you live in a nice cosy little bubble, protected from the realities of life, you would have no incentive to address the problems that face us, the ordinary people.

Yet another reason for a change of government.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:08 PM

Lock 'em up and throw away the key. Bring back National Service. And, let's be frank, they're all of Africano origin, so send them back to where they came from. Grrrrrrr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top