Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 10:33 AM

So what goals/ dreams do you still have?

Following on from the Skydiving thread...
What is there that you still have on you`to do` list? (I mean realistically speaking - not marry Johnny Depp or win the Olympic Sprint event )

I want to hold an exhibition of my work.
And possibly visit Italy and Egypt.

How about you?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Re: So what goals/ dreams do you still have?

My dream would be to continue visiting new countries and learning more about their culture. Ideally I would love to go to Canada and see the Rockies, also visit China and be able to walk part of the Great Wall ......

However, due to my OH's mobility problems, I don't think we will ever be able to realise those dreams and we'll have to be content with short haul trips.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Erm - I don't think I have any 'goals' other than, like most of us apparently, more travel.
My 'really really want to do' trip is something to do with luxury trains in India. Whether it will happen or not, I don't know. My OH is not terribly keen.
We will see the Rockies, hopefully from a train (again) and we will drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles in a convertible.

Other than that, my goal is for him and me to have happy lives and good deaths. My horror is losing my mind to old age, or it happening to him.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 03:56 PM

My goal is to live until the Chicago Cubs win the World Series of Baseball. Chicago is where I grew up and we went to games every day after school. No matter where I go people love the Cubs and we forgive their loss' which I or no one I know do with other teams. It's been over 100 yrs for them.

On a more personal note to live until I can enjoy my great grandchildren
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 04:11 PM

My dream is to become a millionaire.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 05:29 PM

I don't really have any big goals. I have moved around a lot in my life and am now content to stay at home and potter around in my little house with my dog .

All being well next spring my grandchildren will arrive (twins one of each we think) and it would nice to be around to see them grow up, to show them the beauties of nature, to teach them to respect all living things and to have a kind and generous heart...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 05:46 PM

I too am content to stay at home and potter around; I suppose my goal is to make it to 100 in good health and sound mind and have a peaceful passing. Might make it, my paternal grandmother and aunts all made the mid nineties! And I take after that side of the family.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I too am content to stay at home and potter around; I suppose my goal is to make it to 100 in good health and sound mind and have a peaceful passing. Might make it, my maternal grandmother and aunts all made the mid nineties! And I take after that side of the family.
I have no doubt you'll make the ton DM, . . you're as sharp as a pin with a sense of humour thrown in too.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Why, thank you, Nero! It does help to be able to laugh at ones self and foibles.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
My goal is to live until the Chicago Cubs win the World Series of Baseball. .................................................O n a more personal note to live until I can enjoy my great grandchildren
And I hope you do both Mum

I would like to visit America (The mid west states in particular) It ain't going to happen I fear but apart from that I'm happy with where I've been and what I've done in my life and would just like to enjoy what's left

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top