Join for free
Page 24 of 60 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 07:13 PM

Re: The Supernatural

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Many years ago while serving in the RAF, I was stationed in Lincolnshire at a camp where there had once been an airfield for fighters. Sometime around 1950, it became a non-flying station, but for security reasons it became a camp within a camp. The ‘outer’ camp was connected to the ‘inner’ camp along a one mile road, and a bus would transport the workers to and from work.

On one occasion, I missed the bus and was late for duty. I jogged up the road. It was broad daylight, there were no buildings or trees on the sides, just a simple road, flat as a pancake.

I could see somebody walking towards me. He was dressed in typical flying gear – a bright yellow Mae West, leather sheep-lined boots, and he carried his helmet and mask in one hand. His head was bowed down, obviously deep in thought. As I drew level with him, I saw a Canadian shoulder flash; very unusual. I threw him a smart salute and said, ‘Good morning, Sir.’ He looked up and replied, ‘Good morning to you.’ with a strained smile. From the drawn look on his face, he was obviously very tired.

After a few paces, it suddenly dawned on me – there were no planes here! I turned around – and there was nobody there. I could see a good mile in any direction. It was impossible for him to have just disappeared.

I mentioned this incident later at work, and it turned out others had seen this chap as well. It was thought that this chap had been a Canadian fighter pilot in the war, and killed by walking into the front of a Hurricane propeller while it was being prepared for flight.

Now, I do not believe in ghosts. All that I do know is that I not only saw ‘something’, but I also saluted and spoke to it.
What a brilliant experience hanfonius,have you ever had anything else like that happen?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Don't understand your reply to Deylon - judging by your previous responses I thought you had an 'open mind'
It was supposed to be funny hence the smiley.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 07:21 PM

I would rather look into the existence of UFOs than ghosties. Ghosties give me the creeps.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I would rather look into the existence of UFOs than ghosties.
UFO caught on tape

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Many years ago while serving in the RAF, I was stationed in Lincolnshire at a camp where there had once been an airfield for fighters. Sometime around 1950, it became a non-flying station, but for security reasons it became a camp within a camp. The ‘outer’ camp was connected to the ‘inner’ camp along a one mile road, and a bus would transport the workers to and from work.

On one occasion, I missed the bus and was late for duty. I jogged up the road. It was broad daylight, there were no buildings or trees on the sides, just a simple road, flat as a pancake.

I could see somebody walking towards me. He was dressed in typical flying gear – a bright yellow Mae West, leather sheep-lined boots, and he carried his helmet and mask in one hand. His head was bowed down, obviously deep in thought. As I drew level with him, I saw a Canadian shoulder flash; very unusual. I threw him a smart salute and said, ‘Good morning, Sir.’ He looked up and replied, ‘Good morning to you.’ with a strained smile. From the drawn look on his face, he was obviously very tired.

After a few paces, it suddenly dawned on me – there were no planes here! I turned around – and there was nobody there. I could see a good mile in any direction. It was impossible for him to have just disappeared.

I mentioned this incident later at work, and it turned out others had seen this chap as well. It was thought that this chap had been a Canadian fighter pilot in the war, and killed by walking into the front of a Hurricane propeller while it was being prepared for flight.

Now, I do not believe in ghosts. All that I do know is that I not only saw ‘something’, but I also saluted and spoke to it.
lovely to see ya around Hannie and bringin some sanity around here !! - from the old site!! [smiley]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Don't understand your reply to Deylon - judging by your previous responses I thought you had an 'open mind'
still have the myoptic problem then??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-07-2015, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I would rather look into the existence of UFOs than ghosties. Ghosties give me the creeps.
ya a bit of a ghostie yaself!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-07-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
UFO caught on tape

still coverin someones arse then??
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
still coverin someones arse then??

Having a larf yes
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rachal ->
UFO caught on tape
Very good Rachal it looks more genuine than many pictures I have seen...

Page 24 of 60 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top