Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Re: Plastic banknotes.

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
We received our first plastic £5 note today. Slightly smaller than the paper one and featuring a picture of the Forth Bridge and a portrait of Sir William Arrol, the engineer whose company was responsible for its construction.

I expect they'll soon become more common.
I received a plastic £5 note in my change recently and apparently some are worth far more than face value for some reason.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:39 AM

Re: Plastic banknotes.

Yes, we've had them in Australia since 1988 and they don't cause any problems that I'm aware of and they are much better if you leave them in a pocket in the wash!

Only slight difference is they don't fold up as easily but you get used to it. On the other hand they don't tear easily either. I was given a slightly torn £5 note in England last year which I didn't notice at the time and no shop would take it and I had to go to the trouble of taking it to a bank.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top