Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 09:44 PM

Re: Best colour of car?

Silver is definitely the best for not showing the dirt. I now have a black Rav4 and living out in the sticks the wretched thing never looks clean. I scrub it at son's place (the other side of the village) and by the time I get home you wouldn't think I'd bothered to clean it - ever!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 12:02 AM

I had a black car recently and I'd never have another one. It showed every mud splash, every speck of dirt and dust, it only ever looked nice if I washed it and left it on the drive!

I now have a white one and it's brilliant. Hardly ever looks grubby, even after rain and bad weather.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 12:10 AM

I have had several red cars & think they don't show the dirt. Mine gets cleaned a couple of times a year. I've had black & platinum but think they show dirt most of all colours. Don't like white at all.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 12:40 AM

My car is silver and I can count on one hand how many times it's been washed in 3 years!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 12:47 AM

Our car is silver and it stays fairly clean - our son-in law's car is black and he is forever washing it
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 07:15 AM

Our Mazda Premacy is silver. Mr Clumsy occasionally cleans it, windscreen gets cleaned frequently, inside, I dare not say

In Kenya, especially Nairobi they refer to white cars as "anonymous white" because a high proportion of crime is committed by people using white cars, evidently white cars are more difficult to trace.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 08:51 AM

Glad I'm not in Kenya.
We had the choice of three cars. Patriotically, a red one, a white one and a blue one! We chose the white one because the red and blue were a bit garish. I was surprized to find that the price varied by a few hundred pounds depending on the colour. Black and grey were the cheapest - metallic paints were considerably more.

Anyway, it's nice and clean now. My camper van is also mainly white, but it has evidently had a wax polish so it seems to clean more easily.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 08:57 AM

I love my little silver car it only needs washing once every 4 or 5 months if that. I've had dark green and black before and both showed the dirt up a lot more.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 09:13 AM

I've had my car gold plated. Absolutely nothing sticks to it as far as dust or dirt is concerned.
And on a more serious note, I'm more concerned with safety. Cars that are easy to see, white and yellow ones, are less likely to be involved in head on crashes.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 08:01 PM

I have never owned a white car and never would! Yes they are pretty when they are clean, but just one spec of dirt and the image is ruined in my opinion. I don't have OCD at all, but it irritates the crap out of me.

My current car is dark blue which I love as it looks great clean and takes a while before dirt becomes obvious.

The last car Jim bought was a Peugeot 405 back in 1994 (it's still sitting in the driveway to this date) and it is burgundy red, which although I think to be a rather depressing colour, does hide the dirt relatively well too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top