Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Ever regret starting a job ?

Last week, a neighbour called to say that her grandson was removing the open fire in his house and was looking to dispose of his surplus pile of logs. I agreed to buy them, but unfortunately, most of these were large beech logs which need splitting. I'm just off to collect the last few of them now and then I'll have to find a place to stack them till I find time to chop them into usable sizes. There must be over a ton in weight and I'm knackered having moved most of them.

I'm thinking it wasn't so much of a bargain after all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 11:34 AM

Re: Ever regret starting a job ?

All the time George I find when I start one job it leads to another.

I often start a job then find I am way out of my depth as when some years ago I decided to fit a kitchen and make the work surfaces from pine. I cut my thumb very badly at 4am when the rest of the world was asleep and sat on the floor and cried
I got the job finished in the end and it was worth all the effort for the sense of achievement I felt when it was all completed
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 11:57 AM

I once volunteered to help a friend as he was a man short. What did i volunteer for Chicken catching a living nightmare of a job.
My friend told me i would be picked up at around midnight van arrived jumped in back only to be greeted by awful thick cigarette smoke yuk!!
I was told we had to catch 15,000 chickens that night what a job the hut was huge and you had to walk the length of it to catch the chickens 4 in one hand and 3 in the other i was scratched and crapped on, eyes got full of dust this was truly a job from hell and thankfully it was only one night.
How people do these jobs day after day i will never know but somebody has to or you wouldn't have your roast chicken.
I for one would never do this job again and good luck to the people that are prepared to do it as they certainly earn their dosh!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 12:19 PM

The worst job I ever had to do was shovelling corn spilt from a conveyor belt into a pit below it. I could hardly breathe for the fine dust surrounding me.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 12:27 PM

This derelict house for starters
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 02:13 PM

Your initial idea was that you might have use for them in the future. More than likely thats the case. Whats happening is that your reactive mind is telling you of your body pain. Ignore it for now, the future will tell you that it was a wise decision
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 02:30 PM

You shouldn't take my post as being too serious. A good single malt will cure things.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 02:37 PM

I cant remember starting a job that was hell...not like "chicken George" has said...LOL
Flipping heck thats enough to put you off chicken for life isnt it Doc?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 02:56 PM

I always like to finish any job I've started,..but independent as I am,..I'm never too proud to ask for help if I can't...the end result is the same..satisfaction in a job well done and knowing the Person whom I've allowed to help feels happy in doing a good turn ;~)
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 03:11 PM

What is wrong with you folks ...I don't like working full stop (period) ...
If anybody ask's me to do something .. I ask them first what it is ..
if it is not fun .. I am not doing it ...
Doc I wish I was there watching you catch the chickens ..
Was this you .. tell the truth ...Karate on a chicken ??? lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top