Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:35 PM

One in the eye for trump..

Donald Trump's legal challenge to a planned offshore wind farm has been rejected by the UK's Supreme Court.

Developers hope to site 11 turbines off Aberdeen, close to Mr Trump's golfing development on the Aberdeenshire coast.

The US businessman and presidential hopeful was taking on the Scottish government, which approved the plan.

The Trump Organisation said it was an "extremely unfortunate" ruling and it would "continue to fight" the wind farm proposal.

Former First Minister Alex Salmond said the latest court verdict left Mr Trump a "three-time loser".

The Trump Organisation responded: "Does anyone care what this man thinks? He's a has-been and totally irrelevant."

Mr Trump began his challenge to the decision to grant planning permission more than two years ago.

He was furious when the Scottish government approved plans for the renewable energy development within sight of his multi-million pound golf development on the Menie estate, north of Aberdeen.

He said the turbines would spoil the view.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:40 PM

Re: One in the eye for trump..

Good news !!
What happened about the golf course - up and running is it ?
I so hoped it wouldn't - but from what I saw, he was damn well determined, haven't heard a word since that programme where he descended on Scotland like the Mafia
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 02:43 PM

Gosh he really knows how to win friends and influence people doesn't he
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gosh he really knows how to win friends and influence people doesn't he
Hi summer, yes he does.

The wind turbines may be the least of his problems though.

http://fortune.com/2015/12/16/sequoi...clover-health/

Not getting the Masters at his golf course will really hurt him, no worldwide TV coverage of him with the trophy and a big hole in his wallet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 05:08 PM

''Donald Trump's legal challenge to a planned offshore wind farm has been rejected by the UK's Supreme Court''.

I confess to having a little snigger when I heard this on the news
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 05:11 PM

I'm afraid I actually agree with him on this, wind turbines are hopelessly inefficient and an eyesore on any horizon.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 05:44 PM

And on the same day this government has u turned to allow Fracking in our national parks, all be it by drilling from outside in over.

Our countyside is attacked from all angles, just for greed.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 05:47 PM

So pleased to hear this!
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I'm afraid I actually agree with him on this, wind turbines are hopelessly inefficient and an eyesore on any horizon.
The efficiency of turbines has nothing to do with this. It's about a rich egotistic American thinking he can dictate to the UK what they can or cannot do, just to suit him.

His golf course is up and running, though any time I've driven past it, I've never seen any one going in or out. I think that his promise of luxury hotels, apartments and jobs fell far short of the hype.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 06:35 PM

As the saying goes "got the ba**ard!!!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top