Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 11:04 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Good morning everyone. Had my second garden fence section flattened last night. One last week. I hope we don't go on a one a week series.
They cost Ģ20 for delivery from Wickes. Cant carry them as they are 6 x 6foot. Take me and my son all the time to slot them into place.
What a noise the wind made last night. Cant believe that's another Hurricane we have had. Think they used to be about one every 10 years and we have now had two in the last few months and that's apart from the 3 storms a week we are having.
Good news is I did finish my big box of Thorntons chocs last few days so went to Tescos and bought myself a new one. Have to reward myself for
the lack of good weather as they do say that chocolate is good for depression. No wonder I don't get depressed with the Vodka and the chocolate
Would be silly wouldn't it
Take care all. Feeding my birds today and hope they are still there and not blown away. Have a good day all.
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 11:13 AM

Morning everyone, the Gales have stopped..thank goodness..
I have no damage, that i know of..
Enjoy ur day all, take care

Shazy..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 12:16 PM

It's quite a pleasant day here, the wind has dropped and the sun is quite warm.............a hint of things to come I hope.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It's quite a pleasant day here, the wind has dropped and the sun is quite warm.............a hint of things to come I hope.
Alan it is bitterly cold here this morning with snow on the hills are you in the same country
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 01:22 PM

At the moment its a nice sunny day here in Essex.

Got to go for my Diabetes check-up this afternoon.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 03:13 PM

buenas dias all. Late again but I have been out all day. First met up with other friends, then I had a doctorīs appointment, goodness it was so busy at the clinic today I was over an hour late getting seen. The poor doctor looked rather stressed, she said it had been none stop since 8 a.m. Itīs been a lovely day here today, very warm and sunny, no coats or jumpers needed but once that sun goes down it gets very cold. Now I have to go out again, this time with a neighbour to go and buy some new shower taps, I promised Iīd go with her and Mr Clumsy has promised to fit them for her. Never a dull moment. I hope the weather is improving for you all in UK, it looked absolutely horrendous when we watched the news.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 03:29 PM

Good afternoon all, rain, hailstones, windy and cold here.

Had to go to our daughter's this morning, our granddaughter hasn't been too well lately. She takes a keen interest in cooking/baking so I've started buying her the new weekly "Something Sweet" magazine as she likes experimenting with cakes and chocolates ..... and I can be her chief taster!

Just had to put the light on as it's gone very dark here - looks like another heavy storm is imminent

Stay safe and warm folks!
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 04:52 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you all survived the storms last night without too much damage.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 06:34 PM

Afternoon, all. I've been very isolated since yesterday morning's hurricane. No power, no phone signal, no internet (needs power here) and a bloody great tree across my driveway so couldn't get out. Power has just come back on, thank goodness, but I guess it may go off again in the next storm. While I have no objection to supping wine by candlelight in front of the fire, I'd be happier to see the back of this weather.
Thankfully, I have very good neighbours who checked on me yesterday and one has just spent three hours cutting up the felled tree so I can get out again. People can be so lovely.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2014, 09:11 AM

Hi Ania,

Hope everthing is alright now and you can get out and about.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top