Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 06:23 PM

Renewing a/v suite...but what a swiz!

Had renewed my a/v suite on the laptop this morning and now doing the desktop, so they both expire the same day. It was only 19.99, reduced, and now I understand why. It didn't say, on the product image that it's a 2013 version, not 2014. Had I known, I might as well just renewed by getting the new key, but had to uninstall old one first.

Don't like being duped!

Sticking with free AVG on the netbook.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Re: Renewing a/v suite...but what a swiz!

I have always used free AVG Jazzi and had no problems.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 09:45 PM

I also use the free AVG too even though I have access to Kaspersky through my bank.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2014, 09:50 PM

I also use Microsoft Security Essentials which is free, along with my AVG.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2014, 12:19 AM

You shouldn't use 2 AV products together, if you Google the question several sites will confirm this including AVG
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2014, 10:30 AM

What AV suite was it?

It usually doesn't matter whether you buy the 2013 or 2014 version of a suite. In fact, many people buy older versions as a way of saving money. What you are really buying is a new key and this gives support for a year, including any program updates or new releases within that period.

It is the case that all that needed to be done was renew the key without uninstalling/reinstalling.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2014, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
I also use Microsoft Security Essentials which is free, along with my AVG.
Running two anti virus programs will slow your computer down (basically they fight each other). Get rid of M$ Security Essentials it has always been a pretty lightweight program anyway.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 03:50 PM

I use Norton ..as it got towards the end of its 1 yr licence i got e mails counting down the days ...it offered me the option to renew through the symantic (Norton) website for £69...I bought a new Key from curry's for £34.99...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 05:34 PM

I just use FREE Avast antivirus and very rarely get any problems. I find a lot of the people's stuff I get to fix have installed tool bars more often than not that enable hackers to bypass all the protection on your computer and you end up with popups, hyjacked home page and the like. Some of these are a right pain to remove too. If you do encounter such then malwarebytes.org is a good place to visit. They offer a free program for detection and you can normally find out how to go about removing the crap too. But failing the FREE Avast I keep away from suites of any sort as they can be as bad as the damn stuff you are trying to protect yourself from - or at least it used to be like that where you would have a hell of a job to remove it, with Norton being notorious in this respect at one time forcing you to renew; hell I had a laptop not so long ago that would not connect to the internet because the suite had expired - blow that.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 05:36 PM

there's no need to pay for security when there's so many good free progs out there that work well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top