Join for free
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 04:38 PM

Failure warning logging on

For the past couple of days I have been getting the following warning when booting up my laptop.

Failed to connect to a Windows Service

Windows couldn't connect to the Windows All-User Install Agent service. This problem prevents standard users from signing in.
As an administrative user, you can review the system
event log for details about why the service didn't respond.

This has stopped me logging onto Google Chrome and have had to initially log onto Internet Explorer. It takes about 10 mins for Chrome to respond.

Any clues why I'm getting this and where is the event log they ask me review?

I am on Windows 8
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 05:05 PM

Re: Failure warning logging on

I can't help with the problem, I'm afraid.
But if you go to the start menu and type in event log, it will show and you can get to it there.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Work your way through this lot. The answer must be in there somewhere ...

Google search
WFT - Another Problem With Cheshire's Laptop
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Work your way through this lot. The answer must be in there somewhere ...

Google search
WFT - Another Problem With Cheshire's Laptop
Thanks Mark.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 06:50 AM

Have you checked the calender in the right hand bottom corner of the screen to see if the date and time are correct? Every now and then mine switches itself back a few years ... the last time to Jan 1 2004 ... and won't allow me access until I alter it.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 08:10 AM

I had the same problem last week and was unable to get on for about 2 days. I am on Windows 7 and thought it was either some kind of attack or Windows was trying to get me to use Windows 8i. Seeing you are on it too Cheshire its not the latter.
My son eventually got me on by doing something on the front page as the PC turns itself on. Didn't see him do it so sorry for lack of information.
My other son in France sent my son a email to tell him how to do it and I don't have access to that e mail. If I find out I will come back on here and let you know what he did. It has worked perfectly ever since. It had happened to my Daughter in Laws PC in France so something is a foot.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top