Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
BDBoop
Twin Cities
BDBoop is female 

13-06-2014, 07:06 AM

Re: Your Computer Setup?

My setup is pretty funny due to lack of space. I have my work monitor on top of my work tower (laying down) to my left, and my second work monitor directly in front of me. Then my primary monitor is to my right, and in front and above the second work monitor is the second play monitor. The funny part is this: I have a pull-out keyboard holder, so if I am at work, I put the work keyboard and mouse on it, and the play keyboard directly in front of the second work monitor, on the desk, with the mouse next to it. Then when I get off work, I set the work keyboard alongside the second work monitor, and slide the work mouse to the back of the keyboard tray and move the play keyboard and mouse back down in place.

I can wander the net while I'm at work, so I do prefer to have my keyboard and mouse in relatively easy reach.

I also have an iPad I, a Kindle HDX 7 Fire, and a Kindle reader.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Wished i had kept my Amiga, lovely puter.
Did you use the "Wordsworth" Word Processor?.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 07:50 AM

A photo of it all:

Below the desk. Left to right:

* On the shelf, the woofer for computer sound.

* On the floor, a computer for trying Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. Dual booting with Windows 7.

* In the recess, the main computer running W.8.1 (newish with 240GB SSD, GeForce graphics, 8GB DDR3 memory). 1TB USB 3.0 drive sitting on the small table.

On the desk. Left to right:

* An HD TV running on both terrestrial and a Virgin Media V+ box. Rigged up with a home cinema unit for surround-sound.

* A Brother printer/scanner is hidden by the back of the chair

* The main computer screen (22")

* Computer screen for the Windows 7 - Linux computer.

I spend a fair bit of my leisure time sitting in that chair.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:23 AM

Oh my! What a set-up!
Looking at that, then looking at mine. Sigh. Big sigh.
But, do you really never have any paperwork messing those desks!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did you use the "Wordsworth" Word Processor?.
Cant be sure it sounds familiar, so does PenPal, it was my first time using productivity software, Pagesetter and Deluxe Paint spring to mind.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Love Mart's set up.

I have:

Desktop pc with Vista (running very slowly and always crashes) with digi tv tuner

Samsung laptop Win 7. (Love it)

Acer netbook Win 7, mainly used for taking on foreign holidays for watching videos, listening to music, doing a bit of writing, transferring photos from camera (came in handy in Singapore and NZ as I took over 1400 images)

IPad

Have started looking at an all in one PC. A digi tv tuner is an absolute must. Spent time in PC World the other day getting acquainted with a touch screen W8.

Shall I shan't I'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:49 AM

Toshiba satellite laptop running windows 8
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
But, do you really never have any paperwork messing those desks!!
I do from time to time. It just depends what's going on. It's looking tidy at present becuse I've only just finished re-organising the area. I don't like to see connecting wires and go to great pains to hide them.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
...I don't like to see connecting wires and go to great pains to hide them.
And I must say with all those doohickeys you have there, you've done a grand job of doing so!
Griffon
Middle England
Griffon is male 

13-06-2014, 10:05 AM

An ageing, increasingly unreliable and slow Dell XP desktop, Epson RX620 printer, a virtually unusable Acer lap top with a dodgy screen and an iPad.

I'm increasingly only using the iPad. I am considering replacing desk top and lap top with an Apple MacBook and an AirPrint printer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top