Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:05 PM

Re: I don’t like football

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
If they don’t, they did everything they could.... to Bring It Home...
Oh that SONG!!!
It has to be the single worst thing about England's success

I have to say I'm pleased for them though, even though I'm a proud Welsh woman!
I think it has a lot to do with being emotionally invested in some of the players at club level. I find myself willing them on by mistake!!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rockchick ->
There I’ve said it Football I really detest it. It takes over every tv channel, it’s everywhere. Everyone asking me am I excited about the game. Hmm No!
Today I’ll be doing my best to not catch 1 minute of any speak of the game.
Anyway on with the day, I’m off to talk to my hens
That's not a very daring statement. A 'devil may care' attitude is saying you do have an interest in football (well, here anyway). Vague though it may be, I have some interest in tonight's match. There, I've said it.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 06:50 PM

You load of spoilsports!
I don’t like football at at all, preferring Rugby Union but l have got caught up in the euphoria, the happiness and the achievement of England.
This isn’t all about football... this is about achievement, the fight to win and succeeding when so much has been against us.

I hope Gareth Southgate is knighted, he has really pulled England, the country out of the doldrums and given England some hope for the future.

I am so pleased for the young people and the old too, how they have been lifted by England’s success and celebration.

I will put a bottle of champagne in my fridge tonight in the hope that they win.

If they don’t, they did everything they could.... to Bring It Home...
That's a really lovely message, Artangel!

I passed your message on to the lads earlier, and you'll be glad to hear that they have replied saying that they've decided to win this time!

They told me that you can get that whole bottle drunk right now, and order a couple more for later!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh that SONG!!!

I think it has a lot to do with being emotionally invested in some of the players at club level. I find myself willing them on by mistake!!!
Could be worse - Scotland had "yes sir we can boogie!" We had T-Shirts and flags with it on!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I haven't a clue UkGC so I Googled and found the team sheet:
1 England Paul Bradshaw
2 England Geoff Palmer
3 England Derek Parkin
4 England Peter Daniel
5 England Emlyn Hughes (c)
6 Wales George Berry
7 England Kenny Hibbitt
8 Scotland Willie Carr
9 Scotland Andy Gray
10 England John Richards
11 England Mel Eves
Substitute:
12 England Colin Brazier
Manager:
England John Barnwell

Yes, he played in the match.
Thanks for that, Percy. Never thought they'd be storing data so specific as a team sheet for a specific match played so long ago!

I went to school with George Berry. He was in the year above me. I played for my third year team, and also a couple of times for the fourth year team alongside him. At that time I was absolutely obsessed with football because England had won the World Cup not long before.

He was my first real football hero. All these years, I never understood why he didn't make it into the England team, until you just pointed out he is Welsh! LOL!

Okay - that's my claim-to-fame for today. Tune in for another one tomorrow!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
That's a really lovely message, Artangel!

I passed your message on to the lads earlier, and you'll be glad to hear that they have replied saying that they've decided to win this time!

They told me that you can get that whole bottle drunk right now, and order a couple more for later!
UGC, You lickle fibber, you haven’t passed my message on to the players at all!

Otherwise, Thank You for your nice words!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh that SONG!!!

Yes, Rhian, it’s a dreadful song and nearly everyone apologises for uttering the words!

Is ‘Sweet Caroline’ any better? I am not keen on Neil Diamond songs!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:23 PM

I can't stand football, I never watch it, even the big games but then I don't need to, my neighbours let me know when England score LOL.

I won't be watching but I will say I'm really rooting for our boys.

I was really saddened to hear that some Scots are hoping for Italy to win, we are neighbours for goodness sake. Apparently they don't want to hear 'us' bragging as they have had to endure for 55 years. Hmmmm, nowt na queer as folk, but you would think they could support their neighbours
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 07:29 PM

UGC, You lickle fibber, you haven’t passed my message on to the players at all!
Yes, sorry, I'm afraid you're right. I'm just trying to get you drunk!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 07:44 PM

Allright now everyone. Quiet now please. Intensive pre-match analyses are being performed by Lineker, Shearer, Lampard and Ferdinand.

The very outcome of this match may depend on what these experts have to say!

Oh, and don't worry if we're 3-0 down at half-time, these lads also provide mid-match analyses, so Italy have got no chance - we're still gonna win anyway!

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top