Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Re: Poor Bisto

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Bisto has been sick twice today which isnt good. Her breathing is very laboured and shes got a remote glazed look in her eyes Mother is so upset and really worried about the blood results which are due tomorrow.
So sorry Cassie to read this about Bisto, especially as she seemed so much brighter. Thinking of your Mum and yourself and of course Bisto.........fingers crossed for tomorrow
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2010, 09:30 PM

Thank you all x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 10:55 AM

How is Bisto today, Cassie? Hope she is a good bit better.

Healing thoughts going to her.

Take care.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Bisto is to be put to sleep tomorrow at 4pm She had further tests and her liver is compromised, her pancreas is in a bad way and she has a chest infection which is making her breathing so laboured. She has jaundice too. The vet has her comfy and in no pain but he's said she's just failing now.
My van is in the garage first thing so i'll be going over once its sorted & we'll take mums little Jack Russell with us so she can see Bisto.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 05:04 PM

I'm so sorry Cassie
Aren't we fortunate that our pets can leave with dignity and without pain
Cassie
West Wales

16-06-2010, 05:19 PM

We are indeed.. Mother is so upset but very realistic and knows there's nothing that can be done to repair Bisto. Shes decided to leave her at the vets after too (something I just couldn't do & im struggling with it over Bisto too). Her reasons are practical to a degree and as her rear garden isnt completely enclosed the dogs only go in the patio and lower end where its decked. So Bisto never played up the top where a grave could be dug and it'd mean nothing to her. I suggested to mother that it might be nice for her to know Bisto is home but as she pointed out she'll not be alive forever either and then if I sell the house Bisto would be alone with strangers God its so sad when you thing about things too sensibly sometimes. I wish i'd inherited mothers straightness and not the soppy sentimental whimp I have the tendancy to be lol I'd want my dog near me dead or alive! But its her choice and I was very worried about the logistics of moving her body with my back and digging a grave was just not going to happen... So perhaps its best as it'll be.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2010, 06:05 PM

I am so, so sorry, Cassie

My thoughts are with you and your Mum ....
Cassie
West Wales

16-06-2010, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I am so, so sorry, Cassie

My thoughts are with you and your Mum ....
Thank you x
Cassie
West Wales

17-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Bisto went to sleep quietly at 4pm It was liver cancer.
Mum's sad but ok and im pretty much the same now. Bisto is going to be cremated. Thanks to all who followed this thread and supported us through the rapid loss of a very special dog..
A final picture of her taken a couple of years ago
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2010, 10:05 PM

So sorry to hear this Cassie, my thoughts are with your mum and yourself........lovely pic of Bisto and happy memories of your time together will stay forever.........

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top