Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Things that go bump in the day.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm hedging my bets and will reply on April 2nd.
Coward
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Coward
One has to be careful on this day sweetie Pie.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:13 PM

One has to be careful on this day sweetie Pie.
Every day when I am around
Anyway, it is past mid-day - Stop being superstitious
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Every day when I am around
Anyway, it is past mid-day - Stop being superstitious
Well I'm in an awkward position now. I said that I don't always believe what Tara says and she swears she always tells the truth. AND it's April the 1st.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 08:46 AM

Well I'm in an awkward position now. I said that I don't always believe what Tara says and she swears she always tells the truth. AND it's April the 1st.
I am telling the truth, I wouldn't lie. Besides which, there is plenty of independent evidence to support what I have related.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-04-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am telling the truth, I wouldn't lie. Besides which, there is plenty of independent evidence to support what I have related.
It's April 2nd so I believe you Tara. I don't understand how that didn't scare you off, I would have been out of there like a shot. Did you ever find a rational explanation for it?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 10:44 AM

It's April 2nd so I believe you Tara. I don't understand how that didn't scare you off, I would have been out of there like a shot. Did you ever find a rational explanation for it?
We don't believe in the 'supernatural', otherwise it might have been a bit scary. We thought it was a hoax at first, but couldn't work out how it was perpetrated. In some ways it was quite fascinating, and when it stopped abruptly in January 2008, four years before we sold the property, we almost missed it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 10:48 AM

I think some poor soul had been walled up behind the fireplace and that's what he was trying to tell you.
You felt he 'haunted' the place . . . well he probably would if his remains were still there, awaiting a decent burial.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2018, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think some poor soul had been walled up behind the fireplace and that's what he was trying to tell you.
You felt he 'haunted' the place . . . well he probably would if his remains were still there, awaiting a decent burial.
Yeh right.

However, it is probable there was a body of a girl, who died in 1778, buried in the garden, we had her gravestone propped up again the wall of the house. When my husband was gardening he came across a bone, part of a spine. We did wonder if it was human, we asked our GP and my brother-in-law, also a doctor, if that was possible, they both agreed it was a possibility, although they couldn't say for sure. Before we left the property I buried the gravestone in the garden and put the bone in the river next to the house.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-04-2018, 11:58 AM

Maybe it was a similar effect to when you write on a steamed up window pane. It disappears then returns when the window steams up again.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top