Join for free
Page 6 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:38 AM

Re: The healthy eating challenge!

I've been in a right old mood since I got up, and then indulged in a bag of Crumbled Mints for breakfast, eaten while out with the dog. Having a big frothy coffee now. It's going to be one of those days.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's a good job you're not a runner Annie, you wouldn't get very far on that....
I've been recuperating hence the prescription of chocolate treats. Apparently avocado is very good at preventing leg cramps. Also love a bit of chopped fresh fennel in a salad. I'm convinced it's very good for you. Also nice cooked with some red peppers & garlic under a grilled steak.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've been recuperating hence the prescription of chocolate treats. Apparently avocado is very good at preventing leg cramps. Also love a bit of chopped fresh fennel in a salad. I'm convinced it's very good for you. Also nice cooked with some red peppers & garlic under a grilled steak.
The red peppers, garlic and steak sound good Annie...And I have been experiencing a bit of leg cramp in the mornings, so I might try the avocado....I think circulation is to blame, hence the gout last month....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The red peppers, garlic and steak sound good Annie...And I have been experiencing a bit of leg cramp in the mornings, so I might try the avocado....I think circulation is to blame, hence the gout last month....
You grill the sliced fennel, red peppers and garlic together and then put the steak on top of the veg to get all the juices running into the veg. Fennel is a very under-utilised ingredient.

Hope the avocado helps your circulation if you try it OGF.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You grill the sliced fennel, red peppers and garlic together and then put the steak on top of the veg to get all the juices running into the veg. Fennel is a very under-utilised ingredient.

Hope the avocado helps your circulation if you try it OGF.
Thanks Annie, I'll keep you posted....
HippyChick27
New Member!
Maryland, USA
HippyChick27 is female 

28-04-2021, 05:04 PM

I had a banana with peanut butter, a bowl of fresh berries and in a little while I'm going to have a salad with grilled chicken in it! Yummy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-04-2021, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by HippyChick27 ->
I had a banana with peanut butter, a bowl of fresh berries and in a little while I'm going to have a salad with grilled chicken in it! Yummy!
Lots of fats in the peanut butter chicky...... I wouldn't touch it.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 08:59 PM

I have a craze on Total 0% greek yoghurt with chopped fruit, small handful almonds and a drizzle of manuka honey. I've had that again today.

I also had a large salad with pumpkin and chia seeds.

I had a crumpet for breakfast with a slice of melted cheese
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-04-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have a craze on Total 0% greek yoghurt with chopped fruit, small handful almonds and a drizzle of manuka honey. I've had that again today.

I also had a large salad with pumpkin and chia seeds.

I had a crumpet for breakfast with a slice of melted cheese
Wow! How the upper classes live.... It's £17 a jar in our Tesco....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 11:24 PM

Breakfast - 2 x Boiled eggs, 3 x slices of toast.

Lunch - Homemade Carrot/tomato/Garlic soup with crusty bread.

Dinner - Salmon fillet poached in Lemon Juice with lots of black pepper, served with new potatoes, steamed samphire, carrots and asparagus.

Page 6 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top