Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 11:58 AM

Re: Guantanamo

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You don't half talk a load of Bullsh*t!!! - torture was admitted by the American military running Guantanamo couple of years ago and some of the inmates released from there have stated in their legal claims against the Government here that torture was a regular feature of their incarceration.

Then of course there are the the rendition flights around the world to countries whose human rights records 'leave much to be desired'. Oh and guess what??? - those rendition flights were recording by 'plane spotters and the aircraft numbers written down.
Say it don't spray it,All untruth's.There are 19 acceptable ways to obtain information and they are the only ones used.As stated by Military Commander's.Who are you gonna believe a dubious goat herder or a Officer and Gentleman.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
Say it don't spray it,All untruth's.There are 19 acceptable ways to obtain information and they are the only ones used.As stated by Military Commander's.Who are you gonna believe a dubious goat herder or a Officer and Gentleman.

I'd believe 'a goat herder', long, long before I'd believe an American soldier officer or no.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I'd believe 'a goat herder', long, long before I'd believe an American soldier officer or no.
I'd believe a goat-herder before I'd believe anything from official American sources (read CIA). In fact, there is a 78% better chance that a goat-herder's wife knows more about world affairs than the average American citizen. This is due to standard, American disinformation and propaganda more than a goat-herder's wife being particularly savvy about the goings on in the world.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 04:30 PM

Yes by the quality of your posts you two probaby would .
Fortunately intelligent people don't set much store by goat herders or their wives.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 05:45 PM

Muddy is one of the best defending Her Word's
She is a whole lot smarter than many on here.
Australia has a lot to answer for when it comes to treatment of people of the wrong Color.
She is merely pointing out the fact that Aussie's need to get their ship in order before running their heads and spouting off on OTHERS.
Get your shit straight then when that's done you can judge others for their lack of doing so.
Australia has a long History of Bigotry and Hate and still does to this day.
And you are perfectly entitled to that view, Dragon.
But if you read back, I agree totally that Australia's treatment of asylum seekers has been abysmal.
And I am active in the cause to improve their lot.

However, if you read the figures provided, a very, very great deal has been achieved.
And thousands, including women and kids, are no longer being drowned at sea trying to get here.

And yes, there have been some nasties in our past.

Almost as bad as the treatment meted out by Yanks to Native Americans - and negroes and Hawaiians and Asians and Hispanics ...
before we even start on the slaughter of Vietnamese, Laotians, Cambodians, Panama, Grenada, Cuba, Chile etc etc etc etc etc

None of which has much to do with Gitmo. But I did not start this diversion.

If you seriously do not believe that the US indulged in widespread torture do a little homework on "extraordinary rendition'- or even Google "Bargram torture".
Or seek out a book and film called "Taxi to the Darkside".

Not that I expect you will.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 05:47 PM

Not to mention the war of 1812.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 06:26 PM

.... There are 19 acceptable ways to obtain information and they are the only ones used. As stated by Military Commander's ...... Officer and Gentleman.
Torture is Torture:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanc...ion_techniques

"19 acceptable ways to" torture? Not by any Democratic, "gentlemanly", or civilized standard.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
And you are perfectly entitled to that view, Dragon.
But if you read back, I agree totally that Australia's treatment of asylum seekers has been abysmal.
And I am active in the cause to improve their lot.

However, if you read the figures provided, a very, very great deal has been achieved.
And thousands, including women and kids, are no longer being drowned at sea trying to get here.

No they get imprisoned and brutalised by resentful Naurans and Papuans with no jobs and nothing whatsoever to look forward to but years of hopelessness.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia...-png-community

Indeed there have the treatment of the aboriginal people of Australia resonate up to to day
They were still taking children from the parents in the sixties

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/1999/09/geno-s07.html
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No they get imprisoned and brutalised by resentful Naurans and Papuans with no jobs and nothing whatsoever to look forward to but years of hopelessness.

[/QUOTE]

You of course have been there and witnessed this brutality?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2016, 06:59 PM

No I have not but you can read all about it in the link given
The Guardian is generally considered to be fairly reputable in these matters .
I have also known people who have worked in PNG
It's not a place for the faint hearted.
It's a dangerous country with much endemic violence

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...pua-new-guinea

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top